CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i was just wonderin if anybody had a dog that had ozark preacher in its ped?? and if you do can u post some its ped and maybe some pics... wick talks of the looks that you can see in dogs with preacher in them.. and i was curious to see if any of you had a little in your pups

'PR' Shadrick's Fancy

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

When J.Wick refers to being preacher colored he is referring to the Walkers that are predominately blanketbacked with black with tan or brown running clear to it's feet. Generally the will have white feet, under belly and chest and some white on the head or face. They look similar to the old grade high tan black & tans which Preacher may have had some B&T breeding behind him.
The Preacher coloring seems to be a pretty dominate trait as in most dogs colored this way are carrying some preacher breeding even if it is way back.
here is a pic of a male out of my dad's female, Nt Ch PR Ristau & Brogan's Coon Crk Maggie and Gr Nt Ch PR Adreon's Iowa Buckeye who goes back to some Preacher breeding.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/450916.jpg

Rivers Edge Gold Nada- CUR
Rivers Edge Ophelia- PLT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:00 pm 
IP:
i love the way those walkers look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:35 am 
IP:
Dang that's a good lookin dog Brogy. I think the only thing that could help that dog is if he were standing on my porch LOL. Nice lookin hound. How does he operate? If you don't mind me askin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Actually, the dog pictured was bred by my dad and was owned by an Amish fellow that I am friends with. A friend and I just took some pics and posted him for sale on the UKC board earlier this fall. He was sold to a grandfather/grandson team in WI.
I only hunted with him 1 night but my buddy hunted with him a few nights. He has all the tools to make a real nice dog, needed to be singled out by himself. The Amish fellow that owned him generally ran curs and hunted this dog for 3 years, he always was running a cur or 2 with him to get them going. Then this fall he found a real nice cur and decided he had 2 good dogs and decided to keep the silent one, the cur.
I wish I would have had the cash and room for him, I would have bought him. Beautiful dog. His mother 100% coondog, needs 1 win to be Gr Nt.