CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:10 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I think all parkershill is trying to say is that they may not have hidden the fact that he was crossbred, but they sure didnt readily point it out. Thats all... nothing to argue about.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:18 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Dixiebellediesel for taking up for me. It just weren't right is all I'm saying. and they knew it weren't right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:00 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Well really there just aint no use in fighting a battle here thats already been fought elsewhere. No use in getting kicked out or hurting anyones feelins over stuff that we cant change.

I personally think hes a beautiful dog, the fact that hes mixed doesnt change the fact that hes a hound. Thats what we all should focus on.

Post subject: good hound
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:11 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

yeah, I have no debate that he is a good looking hound. I have no debate that he trees the fire outa coons. It is correct as you say that any debate over the way it was handled is settled. I hate the fact that folks are breeding to him and registering those dogs as purebreed dogs, That's just as wrong as him getting registered as purebred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:37 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

uncle coon wrote:
Tam and Clay never tried to hide Hardrock was crossbreed. They followed UKC regulations when they registered him. He had to meet breed specificatons (set by UKC) and perform in the woods (to UKC standards). Both of which he did. The Youngs the last I heard had not entered him into any UKC events.
The Youngs have done nothing wrong. They followed the rules just as you or I could. I again point out, THEY NEVER HID THE FACT HE WAS CROSSBRED!!!
I read it posted that UKC had made some changes to the registration policy to help prevent this in the future.

Are you sure about any of that?

The picture sent to UKC, as part of the process, showed a dog with no white on its chest. His feet were hidden in the grass. Almost any other pictures of the dog show a palm sized white patch. Somebody said it was the lighting. Light doesn't change white to brown and its odd there would be faulty lighting on the ONE picture where the dog was being judged on his color, now isn't it?

UKC does not set the single registration requirements. Their chartered, B&T Assoc. does that. UKC does not generally assign the inspector, either. That makes it handy for them to avoid responsibility and liability.

To know if anything was done wrong, you have to know what the single reg. requirements are. The white patch on the chest is clearly larger than allowed in the rules. The white toenail and white stripe under the chin, that seldom show up in pictures, are additional proof.

UKC didn't change any single reg. policies. But the B&T Assoc. tightened up their rules, considerably. Now why would they do that, if they felt nothing wrong was done and it didn't need to be prevented in the future? I was in the meeting where those rules were tightened up. I know there was no doubt in anybody's mind what the reason was behind these new rules.

We can hope for the best and assume that perhaps it was an honest mistake? Maybe a man that had dealt with B&T's for decades is like alot of folks and just did not know the single reg. rules were? Or, maybe he felt the dog was borderline enough to deserve a try?

Regardless, what do honest people do when they make a mistake? Every honest person I know will admit when they made a mistake and try their best to correct it and make things right. Thats not happened and not likely to.

But it is all water under the bridge. As someone said, its not the first time something like this happened and it probably won't be the last time. But I do believe honest people deserve to know and want to know the truth and thats my only reason for speaking up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

My only question is if the big scandel is out, cant they just withdraw the dog from the UKC or something? Or am I trying to make this way more simple than it can be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:26 am 
IP:
John D is jealous, John D is jealous, John D is jealous. And most of the rest of ya'll don't know what you are talking about. Please tell me how you think the Youngs were trying to hide anything. They sent the reg. in showing the sire was a walker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:24 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Omg this is so immature and petty... Im out... this thread would be better to be deleted. :roll: :roll: :roll: At least John D and even others on your side are presenting their arguments in a civilized and well researched manner...Trying to put other people down is only making you look bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jim Wigley wrote:
John D is jealous, John D is jealous, John D is jealous. And most of the rest of ya'll don't know what you are talking about. Please tell me how you think the Youngs were trying to hide anything. They sent the reg. in showing the sire was a walker.

JIm Wigley telling people they don't know what they are talking about is the pot calling the kettle black. Does ANYBODY think he saw the reg. that was sent in? No, the B&T Assoc. does not run their single registration by Jim Wigley. Everyone, grab a UKC pedigree of your dog. Does it list the breed of the sire of your dog? No, it does not. Wigley does not know the rules.

The dog being half walker is beside the point, anyway. It was never against the rules to single register a crossbreed or mixed breed as a B&T. It has ALWAYS been against the rules to single register a B&T with that much white.

DixiebelleDiesel712 wrote:
My only question is if the big scandel is out, cant they just withdraw the dog from the UKC or something? Or am I trying to make this way more simple than it can be?

No, thats a good question. The B&T Assoc. president asked for the papers to be given up, but they were not and any further action appearred like it was going to take legal action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:01 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Ok how long ago did this happen. I mean is this legal battle still going on? I mean I assume so seeing as some people are still wanting to breed to him... which makes no sense but I was just wondering when this happened... its very intriguing to me.

I also appreciate you being civil in these manners, it is a breath of fresh air.

Post subject: hell yeah
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:26 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

John D. you seem like you know a lot about this issue. I appreciate an individual who can debate an issue intelligently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks, I appreciate it. My skin has gotten thicker, since all this happened, thats for sure. I'm more than willing to let it all go, but as long as there are people that will speak up with misinformation, then I have every right to speak up with the correct information.

I believe Hardrock was single registered in about Sept. of 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure which. A few mos. later his picture was published on PKC's website, showing a huge patch of white on his chest and thats when I first recall that people started questioning the circumstances of his single registration.

There is and was no legal battle going on that I am aware of. I apologize if I made it sound that way. The B&T Association requested that Tam young voluntarily give up Hardrock's UKC papers. He refused, and threatened to sue them if they tried to revoke the papers. The B&T Association sought legal advice over the situation and did not pursue the issue any further, as far as I know.