CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:47 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I've been wondering about those things. Looked like would be good around the place. I am really interested in the mileage, my nissan pickup gets 22mpg, if they get better than that and are only around $4,500, with the dump that would be great, i would drive it to work. I would have to get out of bed earlier to get to work on time at 45 miles an hour. Who makes them? I noticed a place in Pittsburg KS that sells them Me and the boy just might go check them out saturday. I'm glad this thread got started. 8)

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I seen a few of them around.I looked at one the other day.They are right hand drive.They seam to have really small tires.So You would need larger tires for off road.... It was white..They guy wanted $5500 for it it had 79,000 miles ...I think the big deal on them would be getting parts..Ill stick with my 4 door jeep cherokee I can take 4 guys hunting in it..We own 4 jeeps and love them.....LOL.....

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

they make a four door mini truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My brother got one last fall, works great to get around the MN countryside here. We looked in to them last year and apparently atv tires work great on them. He got it licensed and runs it all over here. Gonna get one for my self as only major glitch, only hold 2 people and we not too short so it gets a little cramped but works for what we need it for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hunters_Wife wrote:
My brother got one last fall, works great to get around the MN countryside here. We looked in to them last year and apparently ATV tires work great on them. He got it licensed and runs it all over here. Gonna get one for my self as only major glitch, only hold 2 people and we not too short so it gets a little cramped but works for what we need it for.

We have a dealer up here in Bemidji ya might want to check out.

HUNT,FISH,TRAP!!!!!!!! Is there anything else???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:31 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Been doing some research on these trucks. not all are right hand drive. May be cramped for big people. most are 660cc, some older ones are 550cc, there is a dealer in in Cameron MO, www.xroadsimports.com i think. check out www.minitrucktalk.com. that i know is the correct address. You need to check out the regulations in your state I have read that not all states allow them on the road. The feds consider them off-road use only. 30-40 mpg. some have a/c. I'm still checking I know some are that there are some for sale in pittsburg KS, i'm gonna try to check out this weekend. Can't lift them more than 2-3", before running into handling, and reliability issues. Are made by six or seven different manufacturers. Still look like just the thing for a couple guys to hunt out of locally. 8)

Post subject: i had one
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:51 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i had one about twelve years ago. It was a diatsu or somthin. Not a lot of ground clearance. wayner tires. but it rarely got stuck due to its weight. i had a superwinch on it from a car trailer i scrapped. I hit trees with it. it still ran great. i flipped it so bad i got pined to the seat with the roof. i managed ato kick my way out. i then took a sawzall and cut off the roof. Fabbed up a little cro-mo roll cage and drove it for two more years. you could run it on gas or LP. some guy gave me 350 for it at a antique motorcycle swap meet we have here every summer. sweet little truck. it was more along the lines of like an old chevy luv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:50 pm 
IP:
i have a 550cc left hand drive daihatsu, love the little truck. Before you buy one though and maybe it is just mine since it is an older carberated model. I am getting 17-25 miles per gallon but that is with a fair amount of offroad use, and hunting. I was really hoping for about 30 mpg but oh well they are great for hunting and go a lot more places than a pickup. Mine has a dump box and scissors lift makes it handy for on the farm use, (box litfts straight up 7ft. )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:52 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i test drove one for a week and it done great on gas , now the lady who sold them told me if you dont rev the crap out of them they wont do as good on gas. and i can tell you she wound the crap out of it on my test drive. and if yours only ran 45 i would think some thing was wrong or it was in low range , i drove two in one day a stock one and one with a lift kit. both will scoot down the road. not made for big fat guy's but yes you can get them in 4 door but little to no bed on them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

WOULD You,truebluefordman, buy one? is 5'11", 260 lbs, a big fat man? curious about your feelings on 1st question, if you don't wanna answer second that's ok. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:33 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

yes i will have one this summer. i aint going to answer the second one i am 5' 10" 190-200 and i think i'am fat but others say no but i had plenty of room in it, go look at one sit in it and make up your own mind. yes the fac tires our small but any atv tire will fit on them and so will most atv rims. i will have a lifted one for sure. they are only 1400 lb that wont even make a rut in a wet field,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Thanks. I looked at 3 this weekend. no one was around so I didn't try one on. Will be checking into pricing on them. gotta take the better half to look at them she is interested in one for herself to drive to work. Been told the state of MO is seriously trying to make them street legal. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My brother is 6'3" and about 240lb. He drives it most of the time. Gets a little cramped if going all night but likes it for shorter runs and able to get in the field easier. He finds parts for them at NAPA and looks under tractor parts appently. Took it into some good mud last night and managed to back out without getting stuck. Can't wait till I get one, hopefully this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:37 pm 
IP:
they are all around this area (Northern Indiana). I sat in one last summer. Very cramped for a 6' 300# fat ars.

Don't want a used one??? just wait. I heard they are going to be manufactured here in the US very soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:51 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hows the four wheel drive on these bad boys? can it climb a good incline?

"Dont think back it will hold you back"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next