CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:38 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey guys I need your opinion on some flooring that we are going to put down for our new kennels. We were thinking of either put limestone with the bigger rocks in it or the fine limestone that packs down really hard or we were even thinking of Peagravel. I heard that the limestone with the bigger chunks of rock in it gets muddy when it rains. Then with the limestone that packs down we will have to clean the kennels more often. Then with the Peagravel it should be easy on their feet but hard to clean because of the loose gravel. What do you guys think? We thought about concrete but it was to expensive. If you guys could give me your opinions and ideas I would really appreciate it!

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by BigBandit on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:02 am 
IP:
I wouldn't use limestone it will burn the pad on their feet right off. Before I switched to concrete always used 1 inch rock and it was always easy to clean and keep the rock down.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Do you guys think the peagravel would work good?

Thanks Guys!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Limestone WILL NOT burn their feet !! I have been useing what we call screenings for years fresh out of the local quarrys.It is very fine limestone people also use it for horse stalls.It works very well and packs down better every time it rains.I put a roof over my kennel so i just hose it down a couple times a month.The powdery lime also helps keep the smell down.I have been doing this for 20 years and have NEVER had a dogs feet get burned. I suppose if you we to use pure ag lime on your kennel floor that would burn their feet but screenings will not.I have used river gravel in the past and it also works but it wont keep the smell down like limestone.