CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Problems with Garmin???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with their garmin? I have had mine for about 3 yrs now and it seemed to quit working the other night. I went to turn it on and it came right up but the background light would not come on, so I decided to turn it all the way off and bring it back up and it wouldn't even turn off. I took the batteries out of it to kill it and when I put them back in, the only way to get it to come back on is to plug it into the computer. I decided to take it hunting after I unplugged it anyway and withing a few minutes the light worked fine; after about an hr of hunting the backlight went out but the buttons seemed to still light up :shock:. At the end of the night it wouldn't turn off again. I called garmin and they quoted a price of 150 to exchange for another one. Any similar problems guys? I think its just the power button quit working, it has always been a little hard to turn on and off (having to hit the button just right) but I just thought that was normal

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:31 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

have not had that problem i have a problem with it showing dog treed when they are not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yea the positioning of the collar will make them show treed. A lot of times when they're looking up it will do so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Theres a guy on the UKC website that fixes them a lot cheaper than garmin does (if there out of warranty).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Lol would have been nice to know before I sent it off to garmin. Seems like its fount to be a hassle to get it back though. They've done charged my acct twice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I currently hunt with a 220 and run 2 dc30 collars and they work great. My friend bought the 320 and a dc40 collar. We went hunting together and noticed his unit was giving ridiculous readings it would say his dog was 400 yds away and she was maybe 100 feet from us. We assumed the transmitters were interfering with one another and added his collar to my unit and turned his transmitter off. It appeared to be working correctly for a few minutes but then gave crazy readings again. My 2 collars continued to work correctly. Is the problem with his collar?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

30-06 wrote:
I currently hunt with a 220 and run 2 dc30 collars and they work great. My friend bought the 320 and a dc40 collar. We went hunting together and noticed his unit was giving ridiculous readings it would say his dog was 400 yds away and she was maybe 100 feet from us. We assumed the transmitters were interfering with one another and added his collar to my unit and turned his transmitter off. It appeared to be working correctly for a few minutes but then gave crazy readings again. My 2 collars continued to work correctly. Is the problem with his collar?

I would be scared to say for sure that's what it is but I do know my uncle has a DC40 collar that was doing the exact same thing. I run the 30s with the longer antennas on them so he swapped his antenna out with one of original ones, it must have fixed his problem because I haven't heard anything else abt it. Seems like he said his antenna was broke or something but I cant remember.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:44 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks