CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:05 am 
IP:
Gentlemen,

This is a copy of an E-mail I sent to my girlfriend Marci this morning. I don't see any point in writing it twice.

Good morning Marci...♥

I have really big news this 7:00 am. It wasn't even nearly light yet. I was sound asleep dreaming about the dogs coon hunting and I woke up and they were! I could hear them barking treed and as I became awake I realized the sounds were real close, like by the kitchen chicken coops! I jumped out of bed... well I am too old to jump out of bed I got out and grabbed my light and walked {limped} outside behind the kitchen coops and both hounds were treeing a medium sized coon! I shined the light on the coon {a 'sure enough' coon} and went back inside to get the camera and my gun. Returned to the tree right behind the coops and thought the fur ain't prime now and didn't want the coon but they had only gotten one coon so far this year and they needed to get in on another kill. I decided I would waste the coon as a hound trainer but then it must have sensed my thoughts because the coon started coming down from the tree!

It hit the ground and went up another tree beside the first but then came down and started to make a break for it and ran. I had taken almost a whole roll of pictures of Sandy and Duke treeing on the tree and barking up it together and they were having a time! I am so glad to have had film and a weak battery in the old 35mm.
But when the coon hit the ground there was a real fight.
I didn't have to shoot the coon but the dogs killed it right off. Duke got bit several times but Duke got his #2 coon of the season even if late and Sandy was hoarse she was barking so much and for so long, {all night I guess} we got us a #2 coon, and it was probably there trying to kill my chickens, and I had a real waking up experience. What a way to wake up! It is 7:30 now, the dogs have had a big bowl of dog food with another big bowl of Chili on top with an egg cracked on top of that even! And they are both asleep dreaming about coon. The poultry are all alright and my ankle hurts and my spine but I feel better. I know you are not by nature a coon hunter Marci but I am and so are the dogs. I even started raising poultry in order to have an excuse to kill coon. So we were protecting my chickens and I didn't even fire my gun. Duke is a coon dog now and Sandy has always been one. I have me some good hounds and remember Duke has been in the dog pound! We both have almost died but are together here on my farm and I love Duke. He has a home now and will never be dumped again. I wanted some pictures of him too and he doesn't like to have his picture taken. So now I am happy to say I can send you a picture of them both soon.

I have world class pictures of Duke and Sandy treeing a coon
and they {the pictures} will be {I hope} beautiful.

I'll send this E-mail and start another...♥

Good morning Marci...☺

Jack, Sandymay and Dukedog...♥

Join the forum today and remove this ad!