CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We don't have many coons around here, too many shot out in the spring, of the year, and i think coyotes, kill a lot, + distemper. So i thought this out the other night, and it should work. Get a coon hide, they ain't worth nothing anyway, get you one of those hand held, electronic coon squallers, put it up in the coon hide, fur out, blow up some plastic bags, put it up the hide, to give it some bulk. Tie the squaller, up in side, in the nose area, so it can't fall out,take a long rope, with a snap, throw, it up in a tall tree. Have your dog or puppy, there, on a leash, turn the squaller on, pull it on the ground, in front of the puppy, real slow, till he wants, to take a hold of the hide, then pull it up and down the tree. I'd just about bet, they'd go nuts over it, you might want to tie the puppy back, from the hide, around 30 to 40 feet. I think this will work and i'm going to try this.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I hope it works for you I had a walker female that was 10 months old I'd lay down a track in the yard with a hide an she'd track it till she seen it was the hide an wouldn't even give it a sec look walked right away show her a live coon would go nuts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:05 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I trained, a puppy one time, on just an old dried up coon hide, i started, messing with him at 4 months of age, he would get up there, and hammer, on that hide. That fall, he treed a double, up one tree, opening night of coon season, by himself. When he was around two and one half years old he became Nitech Brooks's Kentucky Banjo. You see, the breeding has to be there first, his momma was Grnnitech Derickson's Kentucky Jude, his daddy was Derickson's Singing Banjo. a lot of folks said, Jude was the very best coon hound, they had ever seen go. She placed 2 or 3 years 5th place female, in the ACHA World Hunt, and won the Kentucky State Hunt, as well as several other big hunts.