CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: where did everybody go
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have not been on in a while but when I got back on the other day I was amazed at the low volume of posts on this board.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Tell me about it, I joined hoping to find some guys to hunt with, and learn from and have only really talked to 2 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

get on the ukc forums a lot more guys on there

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:05 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I used to like this site more than UKC but the great minds that used to post regularly on here are less active for whatever reason. There's still a wealth of information to be found if you look hard enough though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was hoping to network and get to know some coon hunters by me, guess Florida isn't a big coon hunting state

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

there are not many posts and this site is going down hill imo, because the site boss erases posts if they are "stupid" "already been talked about" (even if it was along time ago). or not a good question. which I was always told the only bad question is one you don't ask. THIS IS A FORUM PEOPLE WANT TO TALK, TELL THEIR STORIES, SHARE, START NEW TOPICS! Quit erasing posts, or the site is gonna keep going down hill. Never been on a forum that is policed this hard. I am no computer wiz and making a posting and figuring out how to put a picture on it only to have it deleted makes me mad. Im sure it does other people too. just a thought

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:47 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dirtscooter5 wrote:
there are not many posts and this site is going down hill imo, because the site boss erases posts if they are "stupid" "already been talked about" (even if it was along time ago). or not a good question. which I was always told the only bad question is one you don't ask. THIS IS A FORUM PEOPLE WANT TO TALK, TELL THEIR STORIES, SHARE, START NEW TOPICS! Quit erasing posts, or the site is gonna keep going down hill. Never been on a forum that is policed this hard. I am no computer wiz and making a posting and figuring out how to put a picture on it only to have it deleted makes me mad. Im sure it does other people too. just a thought

Have you read this thread posted back in 2008 in the Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section?

Forum Membership -- You are a Guest on this Site
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=78434

Here is an excerpt:

Quote:
The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

If you don't want to use the forum because of our rules and policies, that is your choice. Kinda like the various Kennel Clubs, folks have choices to what they want to hunt in if they don't like how the rules and procedures are in another Kennel Club. Same thing with these Hound Hunting sites -- different choices of Hound Hunting sites to choose if you don't like the rules and procedures of a site. If you want to disregard the rules as though they do not apply to you, you can expect us to cull your account.

Basically, if you don't like how the forum is operated, then don't use it........simple as that.

Your right, we do have a policy about posting on here. Been that way since 2007.....you been a member little over a month.... You do the math, the Policy was here before you and will be here after you.

Did your Thread or Post get Deleted?
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=48670

Again if you do not like how the fourm is operated, then don't use it......as you said, Just a thought.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well.....that escalated quickly lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:53 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

that's fine and when your site first started everyone had a new question so everyone got to post and it was all fine and dandy. Now the site is 8 years old and I would say prolly every question that can be asked has been so If no new posts are going to be allowed you might as well shut the site down and just publish the information. This post asked where did everyone go, I offered my opinion on the subject. Maybe im wrong about it but if you are worried about the amount of people using your site you may wanna listen. If the rules are 8 years old they may need updating? I love all the info on this site don't get me wrong I just wish I could post a few more things without getting it deleted, and I would take an educated guess many others feel the same way(hince the reason site participation is down) If you still don't care what members think and would rather have people leave the forum then lighten up your rules then I my guess is that's whats gonna happen.

Thanks Nick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:16 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site isn't 8 years old, the rule is 8 years old. The site has been around since 2001.

I get it, your a new member who doesn't like the rules and policies...........the same rules and policies you were pre-warned before you registered on the Forum Registration Page and same rules and policies you agreed to when you clicked that I agree to these terms button when you registered.

My god, how many threads do we need for training with a caged coon?????? Those were the majority of your threads deleted. Most of your questions deleted have been basic training questions that have been beat by a dead horse and more threads you can shake a stick at to begin with.

Learn to use the SEARCH feature and post and add to existing threads.

Again if you do not like how the fourm is operated, then don't use it......your bitching and whining about your deleted threads is not going to cause the rules to change because YOU do not like them and have your threads deleted.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

okay thanks sounds good

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was just gonna chalk up lack of participation due to everyone is turning into hippies, shopping at whole foods, and thinking hunting is for sick murderous people. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Dirtscooter5 wrote:

Dirtscooter5- You are exactly right. And I understand that there are rules and buckshot likes enforcing them. That's why so many people spend more time on UKC forums- because you can post a legitimate question without it being deleted. I still visit this site from time to time, but, like buckshot said, If you don't like the way the forum operates, you don't have to use it..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ya its not so much that my post get deleted but its the one that get left that I look at and think hmmm.. wonder why this post is better then mine? I posted a picture of my 7 month old walker(first coon dog) with 3 raccoon and then asked suggestions on how much to work with him in the off season and so on, took me awhile to figure the picture out and all that good stuff. several hours later excited to see the replies I got on it was deleted. there is a post on here right now for several days about someone who is new to the site, gonna make an Australian shepard/collie into a hunting dog and talks about pigs and chickens. While this is not something that has prolly been talked about on here yet im guessing lol and I have no problem with this persons post and am glad for them it did;t get deleted, what gives this post any reason to stay and mine get deleted? No big deal and not wanting to make anyone mad just curious and I will def check out the kennel club site thanks jeeppro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dirtscooter5, I do not read every thread or every post on here....I only scan threads..........it has been explained numerous times over to that fact. Here is just one thread where it is explained in the Concerning Site & Forum Issues section, you can use the SEARCH tool to find the others.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=47049

Anything else you want to bitch about and explained??????

Profile  WWW