CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm 
IP:
wife doesnt understand why i need tracker/e collar? i want to get the alpha mainly because the only trainer i have is the sport dog yard trainer, it seems pointless to buy tri tronics and a astro, i know the alpha is very expensive but by the time i get a decent e collar and an astro ill be at the same money (about), the thing i do understand where she is coming from the extra collars are pricey, whats your ideas

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Just buy her a coach purse and she will get over it. Works for me. But my wife loves and understands dog and training.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Explain to her how well they hold there value, and buy through eBay used. Also that it could very well save a dogs life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

It's always easy to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission. My last coonhound I just brought home late one night after a hunt. In the morning my wife looked out the back window and said "who dog is that?".... Of coarse I should have known a Walker would stick out like a sore thumb trying to hide it with my Plotts. Lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I told mine it not only would keep me from losing my dog but it would also help me get back to the truck faster lol it worked

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Can't you find a way to make some cash she don't know about then buy it with a prepaid visa card that's how I wound up with my garman and a dogbox I found a pile of scrap metal to pay for it all I've had my garmin over 2years and when I'm sitting in the house and garmin beeps treed she finally sees it and asks when I got that it's nice to find a way to make cash on the side to support your sport and not have to answer to the MISSES

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:05 pm 
IP:
Thanks everyone, I did some side jobs she greatly appreciated that, we just don't have enough public land in south west pa to run them with out trackers

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just get "Lost" in the woods one night and scare her to death. make her thing you almost never found your way out. then she'll buy it for you. atleast that worked for me... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i think you must be fair and respectful about it. if the household has enough money, meaning the roof isn't leaking, there's gas in the car, food in the kitchen and your wife can spend some too, then you have every right to spend money too. you shouldn't go into dept to buy a dog or a tracker, imo, but should save until you get the money. most people get into trouble because they want everything now. many people never learned to deny themselves. making money on the side and spending it, without your spouse knowing it, is being dishonest and disrespectful and undermines your marriage. i don't own a garmin gps tracker. i want one and can afford to buy one. but i know that no matter what i get, it want make me happy but for a little while. it woulldn't be long before i'd be wanting something else. our wants will always outpace our ability to buy. how can i face GOD if i buy a gps tracker and i fail to give 10% of my income to the church.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Buy the tracker an next year give the hides to the preacher.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A couple places I hunt, you can get all turned around in Russian olive. Its thick and if you do get turned around you need the garmin. With out it, it would be some long walks back to the truck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

dogmeat wrote:
i think you must be fair and respectful about it. if the household has enough money, meaning the roof isn't leaking, there's gas in the car, food in the kitchen and your wife can spend some too, then you have every right to spend money too. you shouldn't go into dept to buy a dog or a tracker, imo, but should save until you get the money. most people get into trouble because they want everything now. many people never learned to deny themselves. making money on the side and spending it, without your spouse knowing it, is being dishonest and disrespectful and undermines your marriage. i don't own a garmin gps tracker. i want one and can afford to buy one. but i know that no matter what i get, it want make me happy but for a little while. it woulldn't be long before i'd be wanting something else. our wants will always outpace our ability to buy. how can i face GOD if i buy a gps tracker and i fail to give 10% of my income to the church.

Oh dogmeat,you are wise beyond your years my friend! I have done the hiding money and deceiving my wife and its not worth it. I felt horrible because I lied to her and I myself will never do it again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I just bought a tracking system and THEN told my wife:) She was fine with it. I did get pretty turned around in a big timber- forgot my compass and had no cell phone service. After that she was didnt care if I bought a gps

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

dogmeat wrote:

So you don't have a gps, because you haven't figured out away to make enough money to tithe and afford a gps? Maybe you should consider the value of your hounds life, last time I checked. My wants rarely out pace what I want to buy. If I do want something and I can afford it, then I buy it. The problem with constant spending has nothing to do with wether you tithe or not, or how much you want or don't want. It's understanding commerce, and capitallism in a free society. Ya have to understand its peoples job to make ya want to buy something, to make you think you need it. It's called marketing. Also the more ya spend the less ya save, and the longer it will take you to accumulate personal wealth.

I believe this thread was supposed to be rather light hearted.

I would tell your wife she can use it on you. That way if she is a wondering where ya got to, she can just look at the garmin strapped to her hip.
Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app