CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:54 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Long story short.

I know that K-light will cause some problems with a garmin, Just turn off the light an that fixes that

My question is: have any of you noticed a problem with your k light / or any other brand, causing a problem with your tri tronics trash breaker?

I have noticed my tri tronics / trash breaker dosent send a signal to the colar unless I hold it at arms legnth from my body.
No Im not talking about great distances. Im talking about the dog being as close as 40 or 50 yards away on flat open ground,
even the tone recall dosent seem to work

I have asked a couple of friends and one mentioned the radio signal from the light / battery may be interfering with the radio signal of the trash breaker.

I appreciate any help

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I don't think your K-Light has anything to do with the problems you are having, and it can't possibly be the problem with the Garmin or your TT. There is no radio signal coming from your head lamp.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yea.... a light is just that... a light... no radio signals involved here. but big powerlines have messed with my garmin before.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:36 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I use a k-light, tri-tritronics and Garmin. The only problem I've had was if I hold my Garmin to close to the transmitter if its hanging around my neck. The compass just doesn't point the right way if I hold them to close together.
The only problem I've had with the K-light was just last week my dogs got treed nice & I went in to a humongous tree beside a stream about 400 yards in, tied them back and as soon as I went to shine the tree, poof my light went out. All I had was a single l.e.d flash light with me and couldn't see to shine.
Next morning I was getting ready to send it back and checked the switch on the G2 head. Duh! It got turned off somehow. The light works great.