CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: chopping on track
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i just got a two yr old walker gyp and she is a very independent type dog has her own mind will do her own thing regardless of the other dogs treed three coons her first time out but she chops on the track could it be something wrong with her she isnt out of shape or anything but maybe she will grow out of it? idk just seeing if anybody had a couple tips to help her or just advice

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: chopping on track
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:03 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I HAVE A FEMALE THAT CHOPS AND BAWLS ON TRACK. A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A MALE THAT NEVER CHOPS. HE IS BAWL ALL THE WAY, TRACK AND TREE. YOUR DOG IS JUST FINE. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

stu ive seen dogs that would chop on a hot track and bawl on a cold one, to be honest i wouldnt care if my dog yodeled on track as long as hes showing me coons lol. if he treed 3 coons the first night out all i can say is man your in business, hunt the toe nails off him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:12 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've got old line Plotts that Chop all the way!!! As far as i know you can't change a dogs bark. Your female will be a chop mouth trail dog. If she can put fur up the tree ;you should teach her to YELL<> Hey Man, Come Running; I've Got Another One<>

The Swamp Guide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:06 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have heard trackman dogs that yipped wined and sounded like they were hung in a fence. Personally dont care for them.Yeh I can take a decent male hound and by breeding it to thousands of hounds make it a top producer doesn't mean its helping the breed. I would say if shes good you like her and can tell when she trees it doesnt matter if she chops on track. It will sure confuse them guys that want to call tree off your dog.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

One of my females is pretty much chop all the way. When she was younger I couldn't tell you how many times I've had a judge try to put the stationary on me. Now she will let out bout two hair raising locates and a lil faster and harder chop on tree. There's nothing wrong with your female that's just her. And the trackman female we got is bawl on track and tree

SANDLAND KENNELS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Don't matter what sound ur dog makes on track. As long as he's under the coon at the end of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

some of us don't like chop on trail. if i had a hound do that, i'd sell him to someone that liked it. if he was good as your dog, the price would be high. but that bark comes from the gene pool - no changing that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

HuckFinn wrote:
some of us don't like chop on trail. if i had a hound do that, i'd sell him to someone that liked it. if he was good as your dog, the price would be high. but that bark comes from the gene pool - no changing that.

I really didn't know that the type if bark a dog had on track would make that much of a difference to someone. Iv owned bark bawl whine squeal and silent track dogs, all of them where good dogs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:17 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Canadian Hillbilly wrote:
HuckFinn wrote:

I really didn't know that the type if bark a dog had on track would make that much of a difference to someone. Iv owned bark bawl whine squeal and silent track dogs, all of them where good dogs.

ijust always thought folks like to hear them run - not silent and liked the "good" mouths.
After being away from huntin' 10 years, I see a couple new trends:
1. Extreme tree interest. My pup misses nothing above his head; looks trees over, watches birds, butterflies, airplanes! Never saw that before but have been told they're breeding them that way now.
2. And what's with all the interest in still mouth dogs? My whole life the emphasis has been on loud loose mouth on trail.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I dont personally care what they sound like on track..as long as i can hear a race and end with the meat! i spent 15 yrs listening to coyote hounds run all day so im kind of partial!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire