CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:40 pm 
IP:
I fed ole Roy to my dogs for years. No problem other than extra waste.
I fed red in summer and hi pro in winter Feeding Beagles & Yote dogs.
Found a good deal with purina & their point program feeding it now

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Ol' Roy dog food
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have been feeding Ol' Roy red bag for about 10 years. My Vet. says he can't remember seeing hounds that looked better than mine. ANALYSIS:
crude protein (min).....21.00%
crude fat (min)......9.00%
crude fiber (max).......4.00%
Moisture (max).......12.oo%
Linoleic Acid (min)........1.20%
Calcium (ca) (min)........1.00%
Phosphorus (p) (min)......0.80%
Vitamin A (min)......10,000 IU/kg

Ol' Roy pet care : monday---- friday 8am--4:30pm
1-800-624-7387
I have been with the same Vet. for 30 years so he knows the history of my hounds. And what each food has been like with my hounds. The only food I have realy had a real problem with is Retriever from Tractor Supply stores. The protien % jumps all over the chart and that is straight from my Vets mouth!
john g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've been feedin' mine Sportsmix. Anybody know anything about that brand. 21/16 I think is the %. I clean the kennel out once a day. Its just my 25 wk old pup seems like he can't get enough of it. I feed him what the bag says to feedem for their wt. I feed him 2.5 (cups) and I have fed him 3 a few times just to see if it would fill him up. It did a little bit better but I think he would eat until he busted. I usually feed them all @ around 8am or earlier and one time a day. The other two seem to be fine with it. Oh well, just seein if anybody thought I might be doin somethin' wrong here LOL.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i use whatever feed i can get my hands on....my dogs are HOUNDS..and HOUNDS will eat ANYTHING...dog food, dead animals, table scraps...they eat ANYTHING...Ol Roy has been in business a LONG time...there is NO company that could afford to stay in business if their food was bad....that's just the way it is...

now then, as far as extra waste...stop being so lazy and care for ur dogs....as far as better feed? as long as ur dogs are healthy, there is no better feed....

for those who can AFFORD the more expensive feed, GOOD FOR YOU, not everyone can afford top of the line feed and Ol Roy has kept our dogs in the woods, and i bet u have been beat in competition by a dog raised on Ol Roy dog food by some poor guy that's just happy to be there...

nothin wrong with the Ol Roy dog food, just people with more money thinking that better food makes a better dog...people trying to sell dog food ain't gonna sell ya the cheap stuff, they want your money, they gonna try to sell the high priced stuff...

feed what keeps ur dog healthy and what u can afford...don't worry with what other people feed, do the best ya can, and people orta stop cuttin' down people who feed Ol Roy, because not everyone can afford that $20 a bag food...i personally give $10 a bag for my dog food on average depending on what i get and where i get it...and Ol Roy is cheaper, but the other place is closer, so it all evens out...

i change brands of food regularly anyway for the simple fact that different brands usually have different stuff in them so the dog gets different nutrients every now and then....

Kevin

'PR' Allen's Shaker Creek Luke

'PR' Allen's Ragin' Roxie

'PR' Allen's Always Curious Clover

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: cancer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I would bet that the % rate for cancer in dogs that eat Old Roy is the same % rate as in the general population, there is just a lot of dogs eating Old Roy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:52 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Thaks all,I have a good idea on what to do I cant find some of those foods mentioned do have all the rich brands though Ive feed them and realy saw no difference other than in my wallet LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:00 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

my dad used to feed olroy and his dogs did fine its just a matter of prefence fillers or no fillers i feed proplan large breed it keep the weight on my dogs perrfect without feeding to much my dogs weight hasent moved a pound in 1 year and my vet is pretty impressed and when you take a picture of him there is almsot a glare on the picture his coat is so shiney plus the large breed has glucosomine for there joints. if you have a kennel and buy enough proplan any variation or type you can turn in the weight circles on the side of the bag ang get coupons for 7 dollars off through the pro club so it ends up working out well it runs about 30 dollars for a 40lb bag but its worth it.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:03 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I used to feed Sportmix,it's good feed,but the store where i got it from was always dragging their feet about keeping it in stock,so i switched brands.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:22 pm 
IP:
Kevin Allen wrote:
i use whatever feed i can get my hands on....my dogs are HOUNDS..and HOUNDS will eat ANYTHING...dog food, dead animals, table scraps...they eat ANYTHING...Ol Roy has been in business a LONG time...there is NO company that could afford to stay in business if their food was bad....that's just the way it is...

now then, as far as extra waste...stop being so lazy and care for ur dogs....as far as better feed? as long as ur dogs are healthy, there is no better feed....

for those who can AFFORD the more expensive feed, GOOD FOR YOU, not everyone can afford top of the line feed and Ol Roy has kept our dogs in the woods, and i bet u have been beat in competition by a dog raised on Ol Roy dog food by some poor guy that's just happy to be there...

nothin wrong with the Ol Roy dog food, just people with more money thinking that better food makes a better dog...people trying to sell dog food ain't gonna sell ya the cheap stuff, they want your money, they gonna try to sell the high priced stuff...

feed what keeps ur dog healthy and what u can afford...don't worry with what other people feed, do the best ya can, and people orta stop cuttin' down people who feed Ol Roy, because not everyone can afford that $20 a bag food...i personally give $10 a bag for my dog food on average depending on what i get and where i get it...and Ol Roy is cheaper, but the other place is closer, so it all evens out...

i change brands of food regularly anyway for the simple fact that different brands usually have different stuff in them so the dog gets different nutrients every now and then....

Kevin

I am by no means lazy! my dogs kennels are cleaned out as soon as they make a mess while i am home and right after and right before work everyday.. everyday my kennels are scrubbed down and sanitized, and all buckets and bowls brought in to be cleaned. my only thing with them shitting so much was that maybe they weren't getting everything out of that feed they should be. so i switched to a little better feed. I am by no means well off. I am not poor but I do go with out so that my dogs are well kept and well taken care of. (food,kennel, vet.) so I don't think it has anything to do with me being lazy. i love my dogs and want the best for my dogs. I am well aware that not everyone can afford this or that. it was jmo just like everyone else has on here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:17 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

it has to much grease in it..attracts ants and the dogs poop alot..i went to good dog orange..works pretty good

bawlin choppin treein..that is a walker for you

Boomer

Post subject: ole roy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:50 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i bought some ole roy high performance it is 27/18 is ole roy good food i have herd some say it is the worse you can buy im just wonderin if anyone else uses it

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

Post subject: Feed Old Roy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I feed my Chesapeake ol'roy he sh.. Alot I have my redbone and him on hi standard now they both love it and I also feed two shitzu I think I spelled that wrong. Bag last about 2 weeks and my parents they go more then a month on a lab

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine