It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: cant get thru to God
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use to be a faithful christian but sadly I back slid and have been trying
to repent but Im not sure God heres me because I dont feel in my heart like I did when I first gave my heart to Christ,do you think God has washed his hands with me...

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:55 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

God doesn't give up on any living person. If you truly believe and have asked his forgiveness, you are forgiven. Have you forgiven yourself?
For God to talk to you you have to seek his direction and be willing to listen to his direction for your life. May God bless you!!!

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:42 am 
IP:
Coontracker I am with Waterway on this one God doesn't give up on anyone. Is your heart truely open to him? God will not do all of the work but will give you a good shove every now and then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:05 pm 
IP:
Just Keep asking God For guidance, and pray daily, he he hears you . just stay true and he will bless you. I know from experiance. God Bless Ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

So do you think the problem is my feeling like i've let God down could be keeping me from hearing the Lord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:43 am 
IP:
It probably is I would say Just remember we all fall short but the Lord forgives us if we ask for it and it is true in our hearts

Post subject: repentance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:55 pm 
IP:
Sometimes we ask for forgiveness of our sins but sometimes fail to truly repent. If you truly repent you turn from that sin. Maybe if you are still struggling with something in your life and haven't completely turned it over to God, that is why you aren't feeling close to God. He is always there, it is us that turns our back on Him. But sin hinders our connection with God. So if there is still sin in our life, our line to God is distorted. If you truly seek God and turn it all over to Him and TRUST in Him, the line is crystal clear and everything seems to fall into place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:34 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Maybe God doesn't want you to feel like you did when you first came to him........God usually isn't into us going back to stuff.....He may have something totally new for you. Maybe a new and fresh and clearer view of Grace ......

dk

Post subject: keep moving toward him
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:04 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

houndsound is right - God never wants any of us to stay the same or go back - sometimes unfortunately our feelings are a not always reliable - you could be dealing with guilt or your own feelings of inadequacy – keep moving to God – He sent his one and only Son for you – remember that – He is not going to wash his hands of you – don’t let satan keep using your past against you – God is interested in your future and He will continue to reach for you so just keep reaching out to him!! I imagine you will have new feelings, understanding just how much God does love us and that in spite of our backsliding, complacency, sin and slowness He still longs for us to reach out to Him for help!!

You are on the right track – just keep the faith even when you don’t feel it – know it in your head and heart that God loves you and wants you and is willing to help you get back to him – the feelings will follow!!

In his mercy and grace
Tracy

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:17 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Coontrack'r I believe God speaks to us all a little differently. Some peaple do here a voice. Some see visions when their eyes are closed in pryer. Some have a overpowerinf feeling of direction. I do not know how God is trying to communicate with you. But know that Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to guide and help each of us. He is trying to comune with you. Forgive those who have wronged you and ask forgiveness of God for those who you may have wronged. Make yourself as right with God as you can and "listen"!!
For me, I can sense when God is directing my life. It is such a warm and wonderful feeling! I wish I could keep that same feeling at all times.....
Early yesterday morning my wife and I recieved a call from the Hospital that our youngest daughter had attempted suicide. At first I was numb with why????? Then I asked myself what I had done wrong? I prayed all the way to the hospital. When I walked in the hospital it came over me, God was watching over her and our family. She is physically okay and we have another chance!!! Praise be to God!!!! I to would ask your prayers for our daughter and this family in these coming days and may each of you know the wonderous workings of Gods plan!!

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:58 pm 
IP:
He is listening, you jus need to keep talking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:51 pm 
IP:
Coontack'r Just Keep praying, ask him to show you what you need to do and what he wants you to do. he will give you the answers just open your heart, eyes and ears. I will be Praying for you. Water way i'll be sending up for yalls daugher too. God Bless Yall.

Post subject: From Oswald Chambers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is from "My Utmost for His Highest. Oswlad Chambers

Repentance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation . . .
—2 Corinthians 7:10

Conviction of sin is best described in the words:

My sins, my sins, my Savior,
How sad on Thee they fall.

Conviction of sin is one of the most uncommon things that ever happens to a person. It is the beginning of an understanding of God. Jesus Christ said that when the Holy Spirit came He would convict people of sin (see John 16:8 ). And when the Holy Spirit stirs a person’s conscience and brings him into the presence of God, it is not that person’s relationship with others that bothers him but his relationship with God— "Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in your sight . . ." ( Psalm 51:4 ). The wonders of conviction of sin, forgiveness, and holiness are so interwoven that it is only the forgiven person who is truly holy. He proves he is forgiven by being the opposite of what he was previously, by the grace of God. Repentance always brings a person to the point of saying, "I have sinned." The surest sign that God is at work in his life is when he says that and means it. Anything less is simply sorrow for having made foolish mistakes— a reflex action caused by self-disgust.

The entrance into the kingdom of God is through the sharp, sudden pains of repentance colliding with man’s respectable "goodness." Then the Holy Spirit, who produces these struggles, begins the formation of the Son of God in the person’s life (see Galatians 4:19 ). This new life will reveal itself in conscious repentance followed by unconscious holiness, never the other way around. The foundation of Christianity is repentance. Strictly speaking, a person cannot repent when he chooses— repentance is a gift of God. The old Puritans used to pray for "the gift of tears." If you ever cease to understand the value of repentance, you allow yourself to remain in sin. Examine yourself to see if you have forgotten how to be truly repentant.

I hope this helps. Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

HANG IN THERE FRIEND, GOD WILL BRING YOU THROUGH!!!

Post subject: 1 John 1:9
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

It's still in the Bible!!