CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm 
IP:
Stop Issuing Permits for Fox and Coyote Penning

signatures: 9,427
signature goal: 1,000
post to facebookget the widgettweet thisemail your friends.
Target: Indiana Natural Resource Commission
Sponsored by: Animal Advocates
Fox penning is a blood sport in which dozens of dogs compete in a fenced-in area to chase—and sometimes rip apart—foxes and coyotes. The fox or coyote must run for his life inside fences where there is no hope of getting away. The foxes and coyotes provide amusement for participants who travel from state to state to wager on their dogs.

Trapped in the wild by steel jaw leghold traps, foxes and coyotes are packed into cages with other injured animals and hauled hundreds of miles without food or water to be sold to pen operators to be ripped apart by dogs.

To stock their pens, operators have been known to associate with illegal wildlife traders as there is a constant demand for fresh wildlife for the fox pens.

We ask that you stop issuing permits for fox penning in Indiana. Florida has recently banned this blood sport.

Indiana Natural Resource Commission
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N501
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2200
Phone: (317) 232-4699
Fax: (317) 233-2977
Email: http://www.in.gov/nrc/2351.htm less
Fox penning is a blood sport in which dozens of dogs compete in a fenced-in area to chase—and sometimes rip apart—foxes and coyotes. The fox or coyote must run for his life inside fences where there is no hope of getting away. The foxes and coyotes provide amusement for participants who travel from state to state to wager on their dogs.

Trapped in the wild by steel jaw leghold traps, foxes and coyotes are packed into cages with other injured animals and hauled hundreds of miles without food or water to be sold to pen operators to be ripped apart by dogs.

To stock their pens, operators have been known to associate with illegal wildlife traders as there is a constant demand for fresh wildlife for the fox pens.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:45 pm 
IP:
This is the type of Propaganda that is going to put a stop to all so called "Blood Sports" in the U.S.When uninformed people get a one sided view of things by an idiot with a one sided agenda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well i may not live in indiana but those little girls need to be huggin trees and mindin there own bussiness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I don't live in Indiana but us houndsman need get our own organization against these these tree huggers and put a stop to them,it's time we keep our heritage going.It sickens me every time u try to have a little fun and some idiot wants to ruin it.I bet they don't think about the poor little animals when they go to Wendy's to get a burger and they say to biggie size it,what about those poor little cows their killn so u can eat, oh I forgot it's something they want, never mind the next guy. You people get more excitement when you here about someone getting killed,raped or kids being abused.It's no excitement to you all for us hunters to enjoy ourselves.All hunters who agree needs to voice your opinions about this mess before we have nothing left.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use to be a big ##*%* fighter the only way to stop them is do not support any humane or animal groups asking for money they don't help the local shelters or pounds. That's the only way to stop them. An stay on top of your local gov. An let them know by emails an phone calls how you feel. I hate these animal rights people. The think we should not be able to have animals. They tired to pass a county law here that we can only have 4 dogs. I went to the meeting an told them to try come get them. It did not pass but I would have went to the ground over it. We have rites its time we fight for them in court or on a battle feild how ever they like it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine