CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ok we were hunting tonite and the dogs took off down the rode and a car was commin dwn the road so we were layin on the horn and wave our arms wth the flashers on and the stupid idiot didnt pay us no mind and hit my dog and the @$$hole spedd up a took off.
my dogs right leg is broke up in the hip area is bleeding some from a gash.IDK wat to do..IM 16 AND IM FLAT BROKE AND CANT PAY FOR A VET BILL!!!!!!.is in a kennel on a blanket in my house right now.i just dont no wat to do for him.

PLEASE HELP ME,AND GOD BLESS

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

a broken Bone anywhere on a dog needs to be set n casted or splinted by a vet. there isn't much you can do personally, Go to the vet and tell them ur situation. Ive recently had a similar situation and the vet allowed me to come and pay the bill later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hope you can do right with this one. Sorry to say this so blunt but if money is tight you need to take along a .22 pistol when you hunt in case you have to put a dog down. You tried to do for this one being hit but moving it back to the house and all is hard on a injured dog. I hope you can help this one but blood loss and shock are killers. Let us know how it turns out and sorry that this happened. Dogs can break your heart with their care needs so if our cash reserves are low we have to be ready to keep them from suffering.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

yeah vet is about the only thing you can do bud sorry broken bones are tough gotta b set by a vet....vets around me r good guys n ive paid a bill on a plan like 15 bucks a month till i had enough money to pay the rest off talk to him my vet said after all the people he says comin in with animals they dont care about he was glad to help out a kid who was trying to do everything he could for his dog to keep it healthy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

dogs arent like humans were you can say " just lay there and dont move cause youll make it worse" even if they have bronken bones or toes or mouth full of quills. they try to do everything normal will make it worse. good luck with your dog. i have heard that vets will let you pay it off and some vets might even come to your house to work on him. hope everything works out for you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:51 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

yeah i hope it worked out keep us posted if you can thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:58 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

You might even offer to work off your bill cleaning up and helping the vet around the office too.

Curs Rule

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dv1i1&s=7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

did your hound make it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had one of my dogs (a border collie) get hit a while back, so I know how you feel. Over the summer, my bluetick pup got real sick and almost died, and had to be rushed to the vet. The vet bill was in the thousands and I didn't know how I was going to pay for it, but my vet made up a payment plan, where I pay a certain amount monthly (and can pay more if I would like) until the bill is paid off. Not saying every vet will do this, as I have been a customer at mine for years now with about 7 dogs or so, but it would not hurt to ask. Hope everything with your dog turns out ok. My border got hit when I was about 14 years old.