CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

mine show major hwys,interstates, and side roads with names. it doesnt show some dirt roads. it may show them but not the name. on the map feature when dogs are showing mine shows roads,terrain and creeks(small and major).i have the topo map of the south east.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:48 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

xforce6 wrote:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/118/ ohio map

these maps are free and better than the topo from garmin

OK teach an old dog some new tricks here, I am downloading as we speak. I am old school once it gets down loaded what then??? I am X military so I do things by the numbers. So bear with me.

Sarge

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Don't worry about it, It has the step by step also. If I run into problems I will ask.

Thank you
MSG Farley, James L. Ret.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:14 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

For some reason there has been number of posts, but I only got 1 notification. I loaded 8 states maps into my unit. Keep in mind you can only load 1 file on the card, so if you try to load a second map, it will overwrite the old one. You have to load all the maps you want at one time. Go to this forum to see my questions regarding this:

http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.ph ... 008.0.html

Not sure why your map is coming up black. Mine seems to work fine, I don't lose any on screen data. I have only used it once in the field, though. Also, I only downloaded 24K maps. I'll try to check this thread more often if you have any questions, or you can just PM me. I'm no expert, I just have a lot of trial and error experience on the loading maps into the unit. I'm still learning to use the unit in the field.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:14 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

how do you find a website where you can actually download the maps 4 the astro.iv went through probably 20-30 different websites and none of em seem right. does any1 have a url or something for a website that works. thanks

RIP THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH A BOBCAT LIGHT If you want a good dependable light give Bob a call at 918-822-8888

They call me Chief not mess around 4 a reason :)... Ole Stone Mountains Billy Bob and Copper, Good as the Best and Better than the Rest. Names Stoney. wanna hunt give me a call or text @ 918-497-0269

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/

You have to select a State from the dropdown and then hit "Go" under the box titled "Search for nearby maps", or you could just hit "Go" to see all the maps available (not recommended). This will bring up a list of maps in links that you can click on to preview, and determine if you want them or not. They should all have a description, and some have screen shot images. Be sure to read the tutorials to see how to load them to your Astro. You'll need to install mapsource, which should have came with your Astro, or I think you can download for free from Garmin.com

Hope this helps.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: garmin map card question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

those map cards are tiny! is there anyway to make a backup copy of one or are they locked to prevent people from doing so? Im not trying to infringe on copyrights I just dont want something to happen to my card and have to buy a new one.. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm assuming you bought a loaded card instead of buying a blank card and loading the free ones, correct? I have the free downloads on my own card, so I can't answer if there's a way to copy it, but I assume not. However, once you put it in your unit you should never have to take it out, so it is highly unlikely something will happen to it unless you lose the whole Garmin Unit.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: GARMIN MAP PROBLEM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my garmin isnt recognizing my map card. Any help would be great. it is in securly and everything it just isnt picking it up.

www.conkeysoutdoors.com Trust them!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have the topo saved on a micro sd and i was wondering if I can save the topo on the 320 so i could take the sd card and save all the BEV it will hold. I have a 4gb sd.

I downloaded the basecamp on my computer and it finished downloading then i clicked to open it and it froze up. That was last night and it's still there trying to open and will not close.

I've looked and there is just not very much info on this out there that I could find.

Thanks for any help

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Honestly, I did not know they came out with the 320. I have not hunted much, nor used my Garmin much, in the last two years because I've been in night school. I graduate in April, which will free me up to do some serious coon hunting. A cursory search found this, which I hope helps you out:

http://pub16.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... 3&cmd=show

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

huntaboykin wrote:
I have the topo saved on a micro sd and i was wondering if I can save the topo on the 320 so i could take the sd card and save all the BEV it will hold. I have a 4gb sd.

I downloaded the basecamp on my computer and it finished downloading then i clicked to open it and it froze up. That was last night and it's still there trying to open and will not close.

I've looked and there is just not very much info on this out there that I could find.

Thanks for any help

THE BEV IS LOADED INTO THE DEVICE ITSELF AND ONLY TO THE DEVICE (320) THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE BEV SUBSCRIPTION. THE BEV IS NOT DOWNLOADED ONTO THE SD CARD.
THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH SPACE IN THE DEVICE. YOU CAN DELETE AND THEN ADD FOR LIKE IF YOUR GOING SOME PLACE TO HUNT,YOU CAN JUST DELETE SOME WHERE ELSE AND ADD WHERE YOUR GOING.WHEN YOUR DOWNLOADING IT WILL SHOW HOW MUCH ROOM IS LEFT IN YOUR 320 FOR MORE DOWNLOAD ON THE COMPUTER YOUR DOWNLOADING WITH.
IF YOU GO TO YOUTUBE YOU CAN FIND MORE INFO THAT IS HELPFULL TO DOWNLOAD THE BASECAMP THEN WHAT GARMIN HAS ON THIER SITE.
ONCE YOU GET THERE TYPE IN GARMIN BASECAMP.OR WHATEVER AND THERE IS A COUPLE VIDEOS ON THERE THAT ARE REAL HELPFULL. THE TOPO IS NICE CAUSE IT WILL OVERLAP THE BEV AND LABEL THE RDS AND STUFF FOR YOU. MAKES IT LESS CONFUSING WHEN LOOKING AT ALL THE TREES AND STUFF LIKE ON GOOGLE EARTH. YOU CAN ALSO SHUT THE BEV MAP OFF OR DISABLE IT ON THE 320 BY GOING TO MAP ,THEN HIT MENU ,THEN THE MAP SETUP PG. AT THE BOTTOM IT WILL HAVE A PLACE TO GET ON THE MAP PG SHOWING ALL YOUR MAP TYPES LISTED IN YOUR DEVICE.THE BEV WILL APPEAR BELOW THE TOPO. IF YOU TAKE THE TOPO CARD OUT THE BEV WILL STILL BE ON YOUR DEVICE.

Last edited by toe cutter on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks TC That's what im looking for