CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:07 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is a perfect example on why you should go to your profile and check to see if the email you have registered with on the forum is a valid email address.

Quote:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

http://www.hillbillybluekennels@yahoo.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host c.mx.mail.yahoo.com [216.39.53.3]: 554 delivery error:
dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account
(http://www.hillbillybluekennels@yahoo.com) [0] - mta288.mail.re4.yahoo.com

User was sent a PM that bounces because he didn't have a valid email address. When you register an account on the forum, you submit your email address..........not us.

www.hillbillybluekennels@yahoo.com is not an valid email address....Even a tip in the how to register thread about www. not being a valid email address.

User claims that the email address he used when he re-registered is the same one he used when he registered and that I am wrong.

I can easily prove him and anyone else whose account has been deleted from the system due to invalid email address by forwarding you the email that was sent from your ISP or Mail Client.

Not sure why some want to keep arguing about valid and invalid email addresses......and claim I am wrong about your email address.

It's not me that is deciding your email is invalid -- it's your ISP or Mail Client who sends me the return email stating that the email is invalid.

In the case of the quoted email above, www. is causing the email address to be invalid.

Again, double check your profile to see what email address you have for the forum as all forum emailers will be sent to that address and returned emails I receive due to being an invalid email address will cause the account to be deleted.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:38 pm 
IP:
I bet you get graylisting and temporary hold issues from yahoo, etc. Has to be annoying. I am about to band Yahoo accounts from my mail list I manage for work. They are forever being temporary stopped or even sent back after 5 days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:26 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Due to the amount of "Returned Email" kept on file that is growing, I will try to keep only the current month "Returned Emails" on file to cut down on storage and backup of my email box.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:59 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reminder to double check and verify you have the correct email in your profile on the forum.

Received 15 returned emails on one account alone overnight.

Profile  WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2