CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your favorite coonhound?
Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 am
Walker 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Bluetick 35%  35%  [ 26 ]
Redbone 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
B&T 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Curs 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:40 pm 
IP:
ill put this nicely since ive had enough of this

U DO YOUR THING ILL DO MINE

maybe this winter ill see u at one of the hunts
:wink:
yall have fun :lol: ............ me and my ol walkers sure as hell will

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:10 pm 
IP:
it seems alot of people bitch about hunters defending the breed of dog...
it seems to be people that dont own walkers that do it all and if they hadd a walker they would actually tree coons instead of not even geting 1 in a night so it seems to all be jelousy and that is all I have to say go hunt with your do ands I ll tree with mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:28 pm 
IP:
You don't know what you are talking about.Please stop making a fool of your self.How old are you anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:04 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

There are good dogs in all the breeds, its just what a man or woman prefers to hunt and the style of hunting. I myself like the Walkers because they seem to start earlier than any other breed. Just look at the winner circle these days and you more than likely will see a Walker dog standing in it.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:38 pm 
IP:
SUSPENDED

Richard........you better not say anything about the winner circle and walkers being in it.......even though its true......because all I have seen so far about that subject is everyone is a cheater. I mean heck all those walkers that have won are cheaters........or I mean their handlers.....the dog is just a slick treeing idiot from what they have said so far.

HOME OF :
'PR' SHAVER'S SOUTHERN ROSE
'PR' SHAVER'S SOUTHERN BELLE
GRCH 'PR' CHAD'S DOGWOOD ROSE

SOUTHERN ROSE TREED:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:43 pm 
IP:
Jealousy gets you no where at all ... like coonhunter2 said, you hunt with your dogs and ill tree with mine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:40 pm 
IP:
I'm new to this site and I see that people here back up there hounds pretty good :lol: Well thats always a good thing. I've owner B&T and Bluetick and i currently own walkers. B&T's have good noses but they are to not be a hard treeing dog and they are alot slower on the trail than other dogs. The thing I had with bluetick is that these dogs tree nice and hard but they are cold nosed and seem to have a harder time finding a track but after that they are pretty good. I'm with walkers now and I have not to much to complain about. Mine have real good noses and are are real good talkers at the tree. So that is my reason for the Walker vote.

I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND ANYONE! THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF FIGHTING OVER LITTLE STUFF ON HERE!

Post subject: dogs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

first i would like to say that i am just a pleasure hunter and do not compatition hunt.but have watched several good comp hunt's.this is an invitation to all that thinks walkers only babble and are no good track dogs and only slick tree.any one who thinks that. i would like them to come stay with me this winter during our illinois kill season.i will put you up in my house and feed you.we will hunt as many nights you want and i will show you some hide dogs.i will not brag on my dogs they will tell you how it is. but i will say this last winter the first 3 days of december me and 3 guys hunted.and treed 75 coon and harvested everyone.with 3 walker dogs.so come on over bring your boots light and dog and i will even send you home with a video of the hunt. i own 2 walkers and 2 english. but i will hunt anything that will tree a coon.and i do beleive their is some cheaters in the compatition hunts. but let me say this for those of you who think that if you put a black dog,or a bluetick,or cur or any kind of dog against 2 or 3 walkers in a hunt that they will get cheated. that is a bunch of crock. it will always be the best dog will win,no matter what color.

thanks carl renfrow

god bless :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:35 am 
IP:
Well said Carl .. I've been running my Walker as much I possibly can when the weather cooroparates with me. He is still young. I dontlike having him out in the heat. He is coming along real good. I'm looking to find me a female to breed. I might be catching heat before long because of breeding my walker. "THATS ALL EVERYONE BREEDS" :roll:

I look forward to seeing you
Thanks
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:56 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Treed4good, you shouldn't ask for people's opinion if you can't handle it when they give it to you.And it looks like the only people getting OFFENDE are the "die- hard walker people.If you actually think the best dog wins the hunts, you are crazy.All those titles don't mean crap anymore-comp. hunting is more about the handler-not the dog-why do you think there is a such thing as "professional handlers"?I'll tell you why- because these guys know how to manipulate judges and other handlers so that they win every hunt they enter.One of my good friends is a paid handler and is about to make the dog he's hunting a gr. nt ch.,but funny thing, when we hunt during the week, he won't hunt that dog.When you ask him why, he'll say "because the s.o.b. ain't worth a crap, and I don't have time to fool with him tonight!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:32 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

first off, let me say this... I am 19 years old and a girl...I have been hunting since I was 7, but I have had dogs that were "mine" for about 3. I have never been to a competition hunt, I don't know the first thing about one but I think that maybe I can help you solve this. lol correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen lots of grade dogs and very few registered dogs, what I am getting at here is #1. papers dont make a dog any better (true-their bloodlines do...which is what papers represent) but I have never seen papers tree a coon, or make a dog any better at what it does (in other words...the dog would be the same registered or not) so #1. papers, and nite hunts do not prove a breed any better than any other.

2. there are many different types of hunts, like how I hunt here, off the box, walk hunting, cast hunting, competition hunts, feederbucket hunting....and all of these require a slight but distinct different ability. some dogs excel at one type but not at another. to distinguish the best breed (let alone the best dog or skills to have) at all of them in general is impossible (example) just because if one dog is the best at competition hunts doesn't make him the best for a hunt off the box. or vice versa.

3. I would bet money that there are two dogs out there with the exact same skills, only difference is their breed. basically what it boils down to is that the only way to establish the best breed if if there is only one dog from each breed and you could pick the best coon dog. there are so many dogs in each category of breed that you can't pick the best breed. I would bet that if you really got down to it, leaving the bias out, all of the breeds are just about equal in ability. If there really was one outstanding breed, then everyone would own it because it really would be sooo much better.

These are just a few reasons that it is impossible to pick the best breed....but think abou it....how did you end up with the breed that you have? did you go out and buy it because its the best breed, no exceptions? or was it family tradition? favorite color? best personality? their skill? what was available to you at the time? very seldom do people that just start have their heads set on a breed and won't change. one breed that works for you might not work for me. I would bet that there are hundreds of people that wouldn't give my dogs a chance....because they dont have a set of papers saying that they are bred to be good. you just have to go out and see for yourself. heck, I'll bet you my dogs wouldn't do a darn for you over there, not because they are walker dogs, just because they have never hunted in that terrain. or cast hunted. and I doubt your dogs would do as well as mine in the brush here. (example: a guy brought a dog from west viginia back over here a year ago, the dog is just now keeping up with the rest of his dogs because he had never hunted in this terrain and brush- but he is a better tree dog than his were from hunting over there and being able to see/smell different...better maybe?) I can't and won't say that that is a fact that your dog won't, just like we can't say that one breed will do it better than another, it all depends on the dog. Thats why we on't pick a better breed, because every dog is different...and mainly the only way a dog can recognize his breed is by color, size and shape- a characteristic that EVERY dog in that breed shares. Not every dog in that breed shares the same tree characteristic, heck half of the hound breed are pets to people that don't even hunt. That's not a downfall to the breed. Basically I am saying that you can pick the dog color that you prefer, or the traits that you prefer but, I would bet that if you want a cold nose, hard treeing, fast running, coondog, you will find one in every breed, you just gotta look. they're not all gonna be in your area, but they are out there- everywhere. What's common where you come from isn't where others are. You can't say that just cause the majority of walkers slick tree there means that they do here, or that the blues here are slow doesn't mean that they are there.

It isn't something to make enemies about- everydog is different, and that's what you have to go by, the dog- not the breed. one dog, or even one hundred dogs skills doesn't represent breed. their color and common triats do. and where one personl likes the look of one dog, he might not of another-It's all prefernence. When you pick a dog out you usually go by two things...color (breed) and ability. you by ability cause you want a dog that will hunt and you go by color because that's your prefernce, not cause if it's black its better than blue. you can find the excat same ability that you are looking for in any color- it just depends on what you like better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:45 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

that is true.

IF IT AIN'T BLUE, IT JUST AIN'T GONNA DO

Home of PR Bo's Blue Flame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:50 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

yep i am jealous got myself 65 tropheys and it took me 15 years of hunting to get the breed that i really like if i would have hunted this breed from the start i mite have 130 trophys but what i will say is the dog i granded out last fall never minused out in a hunt and he was trained by a little redbone gyp of my fathers that dont have papers but if she did i would be hunting her

we do it plott style
elimenate slick trees hunt a plott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:32 am 
IP:
SUSPENDED

Listen guys and girls.........I just want yall to know that I am SORRY.....for disagreeing and making myself look like an A$$. By arguing what dog is the best. So BEARHUNTER and Steve please forgive me for talkin smack on a subject where nobody can really have the right answer. So I just want to let yall know I am done fightin about this and I am looking for me a NICE BLUE ENGLISH to buy and make the next world champion after we tree and kill 500 coons this kill season here in SE TN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:14 pm 
IP:
I agree with bright eyys you go do your thing and have fun me and my walker sure as hell will have fun treein coons tonight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next