CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Could you please tell me the best no bark collar to buy besides tri-tronics?
Thank You

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:13 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I have a bunch of tritronics and haven't had problems with them. Sounds like that's not the route you want to go though. I would suggest that whatever you buy that you get rechargable collars rather than replacable battery collars. I've had both and when I lived in town and needed to use them alot the changable battery collars got expensive. Good luck, Paul Conway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:42 am 
IP:
I've had my innotek collars for 6 months and have never changed a battery. After about 2 times of getting zapped the dogs don't seem to bark anymore. They sell at cabela's for 39.99 and work perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:08 am 
IP:
I just recently got the Innotek ones from Cabellas too and they have worked great

Post subject: barking collars
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I also own the Innotek collars from Cabellas, one of them has had the same battery in for 9 months, (3 of which were in the winter months), and when I test it the red light still comes on! I also like the adjustable nylon collar. Have to say I perfer it over the $99 ones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:56 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

If you are short of cash get a size 12 boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey, i just got one from a freind he gave it to me. The battery is dead and I cant find where to get one, anyone help me on where to get on of these batteries. I thought right away they were just a battery for like a digital camera, but I was wrong??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:40 pm 
IP:
What collar did you get? I got extra batteries for my cabelas one on ebay although I've yet to use one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:25 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Try one of those citronella collars... I've heard good things about those from some people...

OAKS POINT KENNELS
JOE CULLER

HOME OF:
GRNITECH CH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE
'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:22 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

coonscry, it just says innotech no abrk collar. The old battery is like an orange battery, skinnier than a battery for a digital camera. Just trying to get ahold of one. Anyone got a website where you can order them...Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:31 am 
IP:
Those are the ones I got off ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:52 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

What do you search for or how do you find them on there. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:00 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I am rethinking bark collars. I need to use them on my dogs for the sake of me not getting a ticket. Here is what I found out:

I use a Tri Tronics and I know it has enough juice on level 6. I do not know what is going on but it goes off when the unit hits the snap on the chain and it goes off when the dogs whine and it goes off when the dogs breath hard. This presents problems and the associations that are made are hard to break. My one dog has associated being outside his house as being shocked so he stays inside all of the time. If he is outside of the house he is scared he will be shocked. I am working on this problem now but it is not easy.

People say it will not hurt them opening up. I have found it does. It is a catch 22 and it is hard to get them to understand that it is okay to open up just not on the chain. I believe if you do the training before you introduce the bark collar it may work but I waited a while before I started training. What you want to teach them that the kennel and the chain means no barking. Dogs make weird associations and most of the time it is not right in front of your face.

I now believe that use a bark collar when you are not home and use a shock collar on high when you are. I do not believe consticency is the key I believe timing is. Timing has so much to do with it and the correction process. If you cannot correct at the correct time do not do it at all.

The sonic stuff does not work and the citronella stuff will not work on a bad case dog. I hear many people using Innotek ones and many like them. I like the TriTronics one but the false shocks just screws everything up. I would like to hear from LCK on his thoughts on what I saud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:34 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Once my hounds got used to being shocked at the kennel for barking it didn't take much past he lowest setting to get thier attention and quiet them. My tritronics bark collar has several settings that I can set with a magnet. I set high early and now I just get thier attention with it when doing refreshers. Some hounds need monthly refreshers, som none, some every three months or so depends on the hound. Good Luck, Paul Conway.

Post subject: Bark Collar!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Tritronics Bark limiter g3. I just purchased 2 of these collars and so far so good. I have a male dog that would not shut up. Put this on him and heard him bark 3 times in three days 2 times imediately after and 1 time about an hour later. Also they are verry light weight and small in comparison to alot of other brands. 5 levels of stimulation and a "bark odometer" that lets you know how many times it had to correct your dog since last turned on. The product seems to be built verry well but I still purchased a 2 year accidental breakage policy from Bass Pro. I am please so far.

Profile  WWW