CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: chet LCk help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

alright this is that same dirty harry pup i have had..i finally got the papers on her from the guy and turns out she is a year and 4 months..i have another 7 month old puppy that will follow a drag no problem and whimper at the tree..ill put her up and turn this dog out and she just sprints around the yard..she puts her nose to the ground a little bit but not much and just runs around..does she need to mature more? and you should i chain this dog back or keep her in a kennel??i have her in the kennel with this other puppy and my male dog in the next kennel

bawlin choppin treein..that is a walker for you

Boomer

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Chain her out..Its best not to keep dogs together in the same kennels even pups.Pups should be separated as early as possible. A must before 12 weeks old..((Keeping)) PUPs and older dogs or Older pups together can be a big mistake..Most untrained dogs will run around and play for a while after being in a kennel..Chaining her out will help some.BUT its always best to let a dog run around and get all the pinned up energy out. Before trying to work them..Dont over due drags it can mess up a pup.2-3 times if the tree is all thats needed..Try once a month until they start...That gives a dog time to mature between each time...You can still take them for walks in the woods 2-3 times a week .It will help them learn and mature.It will also give you time to watch them to see if they check trees...

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:20 am 
IP:
Chet McCreary wrote:
Chain her out..Its best not to keep dogs together in the same kennels even pups.Pups should be separated as early as possible. A must before 12 weeks old..((Keeping)) PUPs and older dogs or Older pups together can be a big mistake..Most untrained dogs will run around and play for a while after being in a kennel..Chaining her out will help some.BUT its always best to let a dog run around and get all the pinned up energy out. Before trying to work them..Dont over due drags it can mess up a pup.2-3 times if the tree is all thats needed..Try once a month until they start...That gives a dog time to mature between each time...You can still take them for walks in the woods 2-3 times a week .It will help them learn and mature.It will also give you time to watch them to see if they check trees...

I agree as usuall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:26 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thats what i thought but i wasnt to sure....that other pup is already followin a drag and going to the tree and whimpering..i have only ran 2 with her..i think she is ready for a coon to be turned out..but would it be ok for me to put her in another kennel or just best to chain her up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I think all pups should learn to me chained out..It really helps them mature I think anyway.....LOL..

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:52 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks chet and LCK