CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Should I bother with a 2007 Coonhound Calendar?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 42 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 47
 Post subject: High Res Photos Needed
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:36 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I will do a 2006 calendar, but I would like to know if you all want a 2007 calendar. I'm a little disapointed in the lack of interest. I can't do this without you. I'm doing it for you. I don't make enough money at it to make it worth all the hours I spend. Gathering pictures shouldn't be this hard. I am not getting the high resolution photos I need to give you a quality product. I haven't gotten many Plott or B&T photos. I haven't gotten many new photos of any of the breeds that can be used. I appreciate the time you all take to send me stuff. But please send me some high res digital photos or actual photos of your dogs.

http://ravengraphix.com/portfolio/main.php

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:59 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sorry folks, I guess I am feeling a little down about the calendar. I am a perfectionist and I want to put out the best possible product. In my business it's easy to get the photos you need at the quality you need them from stock photo places, they cost a fortune and don't have any hunting pictures leave alone coonhunting. The calendar is only about coonhunting! About YOUR dogs. Show pride in your dogs, your sport and send me photos. HELP me put together a kickbutt calendar again! :D

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:04 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I would love you to do the calendars forever... I proudly display mine in my office at work and i have one at home also... Im working on some pics for you I got a buddy with plott and I have some black and tans I broke the screen on my digital camera so im back to my film one I should have some from the water races and such so I will try to finish that role and get it developed and get some to you..

I love your work LadeeRaven!! Dont give up on us yet....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:10 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i will have some plott pics. for you on july 1wt when training season opens

we do it plott style
elimenate slick trees hunt a plott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:13 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thank you both! I look forward to seeing your pictures. And Michelle you are a sweet heart. I was just havin a bad couple of days.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:39 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have a terrible time getting a picture of my dog, she is constantly moving. I'll send you what I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:49 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have the same problem. I was afraid my dog wasn't going to make last years calendar. We weren't using high enough speed film. You have to ask for the fastest. Listemn to me giving advice... I'm the one cuts everyones head off! :lol: :roll:

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:40 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Yeah but you do a darn fine head transplant with that monkey photo! :D :D :D

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:00 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

well heres a couple pics for you...not the best but its a start! Heres one of my baby (all 72 lbs!) treeing last night! (the red is a camera glich)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Maybe you could explain to us exactly what it is that is needed to produce the kind of pics you need.I'd LOVE to see my dogs in a calendar,but I don't have any camera at all, so if I'm gonna get one, I might as well get what I need to get the job done.I also don't know a good camera from apple butter, so I'm gonna need advice on how to send pictures to people, as well as post them on the website.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:56 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

coleman,

I have one of the Kodak digital cameras if you want to go that route (better pic than film camera) I got mine on ebay for 140-170 cant remember the exact price but was cheaper than the 250-300 you pay in the store... there are probably cheaper ones i have used the jam cam and another offbrand and wasnt happy with the results there are some other name brands out there that are good too another brand i like is cannon...

you dont have to have a digital camera though either if you have a walmart close just when you take your film in have the pics put on a cd then you can get them on your computer to upload them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:15 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Michelle is right. Great pictures girl. That is more like it.

Coleman, If you have a digital camera set it to the highest quality (fewer pictures) but worth it. You can e-mail them one at a time if need be to: gstaffiere@comcast.net or raven@ravengraphix.com I check both a few times every day.

If you have a regular camera you want film suitable for night and speed. If you go to a camera store where there is someone that knows cameras and film they can tell you what type of film to buy to get the best shot.

When you develop your film you can ask the store to make high res digital images and put them on a CD for you.

If you have a scanner you can scan them at 300 dpi at 200% and save thwm as jpg files. You can e-mail them to me or you canput them on a CD and mail them to me. If you don't have a scanner you can get and extra set of prints and send them to: Gayle Staffiere, 15 Ashdale Dr. North Billerica, MA 018622 Make sure to include your mailing address and I'll return them to you. I hope that helps.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have heard so many good thinks about your calender. i cant wait until the 2006s are finished! i am going to buy a couple myself. as for the pictures, im having trouble getting them due to dogs not cooperating also. he either wants to be with me or in the woods running around. were tryin though. im sorry you are having a hard time. im sure many folks are very appriciative for your hard work. i hope everything works out. thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:26 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thank you for the kind words Blue Bones. I was having a bad day and kind of went on a pity party. LOL But I am my usual "Ready to beg" for phtos fiesty self again! :lol: :lol: oh brother :roll:

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:37 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Seeing her work on that calendar first hand, I can attest to the love and hard effort ladeeraven puts into it. Believe me, she admires each and every photo you all send in. So do I for that matter. there is nothing better than a faithful hound doing what he does best.