CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:36 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

who does this guy think he is? Im sure LCK and Coleman have trained a lot more dogs than this idiot...if i were everyone else i wouldnt give him any advice except to stop posting comments And another thing i dont think anyone in their right mind would roll a dog in a barrel down a hill, thast the dumbest thing i've ever heard man...just stupid, buy or borrow a shock collar

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i think the barrel idea is fantastic, as long as he tries it on himself first. Thanks for your patience Chet and LCK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:19 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

PageHunter wrote:
coleman, you're a know it all ##*%*.

THIS COMING FROM SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T THINK E- COLLARS ARE "QUITE NECESSARY",BUT WOULD CONSIDER STUFFING HIS DOG IN A BARREL AND ROLLING IT DOWN A HILL.TRANSLATION:"I DON'T OWN A SHOCKING COLLAR, AND I'M NOT WILLING TO PUT THE TIME,MONEY, AND EFFORT INTO LEARNING HOW TO PROPERLY USE ONE,SO THEY MUST NOT BE USEFUL TOOLS, AND ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES WITH ME WILL GET CALLED A BAD NAME."

I'll take it as a compliment.And by the way, I broke SEVERAL dogs off of deer the RIGHT way, long before I ever heard of Chet OR LCK.If you don't want help, don't ask for it-and REAL coonhunters are scrutinized enough by the general public without people getting on this forum and saying stuff like "Maybe I'll try it on someone else's worthless mutt."Who are you to decide the worth of SOMEONE ELSE'S dog?I've heard of the barrel thing, and seen it done, and I told you the results.I can't fathom how a dog in a life- or- death situation would be too worried about what he's smelling while getting his brain scrambled or his neck broken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:34 am 
IP:
Pagehunter, you need to understand something. It is sometimes difficult to express opinions with a keyboard. If you were talking in person with someone you are able to get the whole message. I gurantee you Coleman was not being a jerk. He was telling you the truth. There are several folks on this forum who were training dogs and going through life way before there was any such thing as personal computers and the internet. There are a whole bunch of folks on here who were training dogs before they could afford those fancy e-collars and we did not have immediate accsess to advice from all over the world by simply typing a few words and hitting the enter button. The advice you have been given is sincere and accurate. You can go ahead and challenge it all you want and show disrespect for the free advice given but it will not change the fact that the advice you have been given by Coleman is the absolute truth of the matter. A little respect goes a very long way, even on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:52 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

im going to go on a limb and say this i have never " met " lck but he may be the smartest man to every sign onto the internet... paige when someone as reputible as he is... is giving free advice take it for what it is worth or you can come over to my house and try the dog in the barrel idea but first i'll strap the e collar on you and see if it changes your mind

: 0 )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:46 am 
IP:
man, you're tuff on the computer aren't you blowmoreracers, or whatever you're name is.

Post subject: breaking deer chasers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The best way to break a deer running dog is to get an e-collar, and thats just a fact. when your dog runs a deer and you beat him for it, well he relates the beating to you, and either dont trust you or will run a deer when he gets away from you. really the only thing hitting a dog is good for is to teach them comands like come and stay. but if you want sucsess save the money and get an e-collar. that is the best way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:48 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

no im not "tuff" on the computer... i've driven over 130 miles before to whip a mans a$$ : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:59 am 
IP:
[/quote]I HAVE seen it done once, and watched the owner pull his dead dog out of the barrel at the bottom of the hill.[/quote]

guess that solves your deer problem :lol: just kidding how stupid can someone get i mean put your self in the barral first and if you dont lie it dont doo your dog like that DUH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:36 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ive seen a couple broke this way just pushing the barrel around a field.but i did see an idiot get mad at his walker for chasing fox.he tried the barrel method down a hill hit a tree and the barrel turned.it went off a high wall and killed his dog which was doing good on coon.so id say a shock collar is the best way by far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I'm no expert but I've heard this from a guy I highly trust and it kinda makes sense....If ya let the dog be surrounded by the deer scent all the time i guess putting it in his pen or somthing he'll eventually become desensitized and won't react to the deer smell on the trail

oh and my uncle used to tie dead chickens around his dogs necks so they wouldn't chase/eat the chickens. he said it worked to and maybe if ya wanted to ya could tie a peice ot a deer carcass to your hound...just a thought. not everybody wants their dogs runnin around with rotting flesh round their necks.

Timber Chopper Boomer(rip) and Hard Headed Hana

my pretty little Hana Banana : )

http://myspace.com/johndeere855

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:43 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ive heard the same thing about the scent,that is getting the dog used to it so they dont mess with it.i had a dog i bought about 2 years ago the guy told me the only junk he messed with was a possum.so he took the possum after the dog killed it and he zip tied it to his collar for a week.he hunted that dog for 6 years after that with no possum problems.so diff things do work for diff dogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:46 pm 
IP:
well, i think i might borrow a shock collar, or try the thing with maybe a piece of a deer on her collar or something, because it's getting worse. Tonite, wasn't a very good night to hunt in the first place, but i dumped with my buddy on a real good ditch, and they got aways down and and my dog let out a real trashy bark, then was just screaming after a deer, so i finallly got her caught, and i took the dog lead to her pretty good, so i dumped her in another ditch and she treed me a coon, so i ended the night on a good note, but still, i gotta get her broke of these deer, thanks for everyone who replied, and sorry for the conflict.

Post subject: Re: breaking from deer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've tried the deer hide in a barrell with lots of deer scent and its complete bullsh@%.It is just a creul thing to do to the dog cause it don't work.That poor dog was squalling to beat hell and he still ran deer afterwards.I use Tritronics on high and light up Georgia all the way back to me and after that they will shiver with fear when they smell hot deer scent afterwards.DON'T DO THE BARRELL TRICK ITS A CREUL JOKE.

Post subject: Re: breaking from deer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:33 pm 
IP:
i dont wanna cause any arguing but i have seen the barrell thing work... i saw a man that had a beatle hound put a deer skin in their with it.. and everytime he took that dog out, and it smelled a deer it would squat and ##*%*. and come back too him. best beatle ive ever seen... .. and guys this is a public forrum. for everyones. use. and its easyer on the coon hunters . to sell, train, and for the younger ones to learn things about dogs. please dont mess it up for everyone else. its a privalge not a right. thanks, james