CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

She is only 19 months but always has her nose on the ground, looking for info on her blood line to see if they are any count.
SIRE is CH 'PR' Mighty Bue Hammern Buck II
DAM is 'PR' Mighty Blue Berry

NITECH GRCH 'PR' MIGHTY BLUE XVIII'S HAMMERN BUCK
'PR'MIGHTY BLUE RAGE
^^^sires parents^^^^^^^

CH'PR'WELLING'S KRAUT KREEK BLUE DUKE
'PR' WALBASH TOCKEN TOPER
^^^dams parents^^^^^^^

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Northern Blue Hammer XVIII
and NITCH GRCH 'PR' SPICES MIGHTY BLUE SASSY
AND
NITECH 'PR' SOUTHERN NIGHT
'PR' SMOKEY RIVER JEZEBELLS BL PET
^^^^sires grand parents^^^^

GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' JRAUT CREEK BLUE ZORO
CH 'PR' KRAUT CREEK BLUE SASSY SALLY
AND
GRNITECH 'PR' SMILEY'S BLUE E Z
'PR' BROWN'S IND WILDNBLUE JITTER BUG
^^^^^dams grand parents

has a nice set of papers. looking for more info and to see if she is worth what i paid for her. she has NEVER been messed with was baught for a young boy's first pet and he would have nothing to do with her, at 19 mo. will she be hard to train?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

btt?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:25 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

She's definatly at an age that she needs to be in the woods,now.
If she will be hard to train,that depends on the person whos training,and the dog,and how its trained.
If shes worth what you paid for her,noone on here can answer that question.
You are the only one that can answer that.
And she aint gotta please nobody but you.

Saint and Ticket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey, thanks for the info
have you ever heard of any of these dogs, that would be a better question, and if so was they good dog's, slick treeing mutt's, or what can you tell me about them.

the man i baught her from has good dogs but i am trying to figure out her blood line alittle.
she is awesome in the woods, i took her for the first time and she took off, she didnt open on track or even find anything none of the dogs treed, but she was right with all of the older dogs looking for the meat.

i think she will make a doozy of a hound. if it would ever stop raining i plain to take her atleast an hour every night that the weather permits, sometimes with older dog sometimes alone, more alone then with company.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just looking at the breeding doesnt mean she is worth what you paid bro it all depends on how she hunts handles and what YOU think of the hound. Yes i have heard of the hammer bred and smokey river bred hounds. That still doesnt mean that the hound will make it. You should have her in the woods as much as possible now she is at a good age to start most of her puppy ways should be over with

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

My oldest female has a good bit in common with your dog's breeding. I don't coon hunt her (no place left to hunt coon around here) but she is very good for hunting squirrel. She is also one of the most intelligent and easy to train dogs I've ever known and uses her nose, eyes and ears when hunting and can scent ground or air very well. She follows scent to the tree and checks the tree itself but will circle and air scent for a couple of seconds to make sure the critter is still in that particular tree before treeing. She doesn't chase deer or opossum but will track turkeys once in a while. She has the most awful voice I've ever heard on a hound when she bawls - like a chicken having something terrible done to it very slowly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:05 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Go to the ukc forum and search for Robert Welch , in greenville ohio.
Kraut Creek Zorro was his old dog....he is gone now . i beleive they are are also a branch of mcvoys blue droop line. anyway robert could give you the skinny on the kraut creek line. he also used to have a web site you could search for kraut creek blueticks and see if it comes up.
i have hunted a time or two with tack and Z #2 ....seemed to be pretty good and a gype he had, but cant remember what her name was. they were all from the zorro dog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:42 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

arachyd wrote:
My oldest female has a good bit in common with your dog's breeding. I don't coon hunt her (no place left to hunt coon around here) but she is very good for hunting squirrel. She is also one of the most intelligent and easy to train dogs I've ever known and uses her nose, eyes and ears when hunting and can scent ground or air very well. She follows scent to the tree and checks the tree itself but will circle and air scent for a couple of seconds to make sure the critter is still in that particular tree before treeing. She doesn't chase deer or opossum but will track turkeys once in a while. She has the most awful voice I've ever heard on a hound when she bawls - like a chicken having something terrible done to it very slowly.

Here is that pup I was telling you about Arachyd he hasn't made the grade yet but is well on his way. Your female is the closest relitive to him. So if he makes the cut I may be talking with you :D :D :D I don't know if you heard, but Vick died last year a car hit him.

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:51 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sarge, sorry to hear about Vick. You have my condolences. It must've been hard on the boys. I thought you were more interested in the 00 Grant/Womack/Uchtman blood in Fred (son of Gregg's Snake dog). My older female, Maggie is heavily Hammer and the younger females we have are a blend of those bloodlines.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

arachyd wrote:
Sarge, sorry to hear about Vick. You have my condolences. It must've been hard on the boys. I thought you were more interested in the 00 Grant/Womack/Uchtman blood in Fred (son of Gregg's Snake dog). My older female, Maggie is heavily Hammer and the younger females we have are a blend of those bloodlines.

OK I have your hounds mixed up :shock: :shock: :shock: Yep tank is 00 grant / Sugar creek / Driftwood / Mattscheck / Cameron. But your right I forgot it was your male hound that is closely related. I still have the pedigree in the camper some where. That would be a very hard cross to do, don't you think LMAO :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:12 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

It might take some time, but it isn't impossible. If I had the time, $, a kennel with space in it and access to all the dogs I'd try to contact the owner of one of Fred's sisters and get permission breed your young one to that female, then breed one or more of the female pups from that litter back to their uncle Fred. It would greatly increase the likelihood of getting the genes you are looking for in those pups.

Sorry, New2sport. I don't mean to hijack your post. You do have some very good dogs back in your hound's pedigree.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hey man, that is quite alright i have no problemw ithy ou useing my post to better yourself.
yeah she is taking off really good, seems to be self training for the most part, i got a new pic of her i'll put at the end of the post.

i wish the rain and cold would hurry and end so i can put her back in the woods, she has been hunting twice the first night she just ran out and the 2nd night she ran off by herself and opened on track but didnt follow through to tree, but boy when she made it ack where i was i loved on her like she was my g/f LOL she is going to make a really good dog. i can already see it in her future.

thanks for the info guys, i'll contact him and see what he can tell me.

being a close relitive have you comp hunted your dog any? and do you have any flaws with him at this point?

the only thing i dont like about my dog is she is super shy, she will run up to you then lay down about 10 ft away, but that will come out of her with time, she will make a good one.

thanks again guys.
here is that pic i promised, it was almost dark before i got someone to take it, this was the only time i ever tryed to point her. she is learning fast and acted like she liked it pretty good, loves to have her picture taken lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Robert Welch owned all the Kraut Kreek dogs. He and I owned a female together about 15 years ago. I remember Zoro. He was a dual purpose dog. Good in the woods. Good on the bench.

But I don't remember any of the Kraut Kreek dogs having Droop in them.

In a huge Droop fan & am trying to find some Droop blood out there myself...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire