All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What do you think
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here is the Pedigree on my Bluetick. How do you think he stacks up

Image [/B] [/B][/

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: What do you think
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

"Stacks up" to WHAT? It looks good but is it what YOU want and does he/she hunt like YOU want? I know of a great Beagle, Lab mutt mix that could out-hunt 3/4 of any registered dog anywhere! Pedigree is important but papers don't make a dog. Keep that in mind when you go blowin up a dog because you have some papers. In my opinion, "DRIVE" makes a dog, not papers or pedigree.
Good luck with your dog and hunt em hard!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Garth wrote:
"Stacks up" to WHAT? It looks good but is it what YOU want and does he/she hunt like YOU want? I know of a great Beagle, Lab mutt mix that could out-hunt 3/4 of any registered dog anywhere! Pedigree is important but papers don't make a dog. Keep that in mind when you go blowin up a dog because you have some papers. In my opinion, "DRIVE" makes a dog, not papers or pedigree.
Good luck with your dog and hunt em hard!

I am aware that papers cant tree. All's i was asking and maybe i worded it wrong, i meant what do you all think of his ped. any opinons or advice. Has anyone hunted with these dogs or own them? He is doing great in the woods. i couldnt be happier with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Kind of funny he carries the UTCHMAN kennel name but wasn't bred by any of the Utchmans.

Bearman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Bearman1968 wrote:
Kind of funny he carries the UTCHMAN kennel name but wasn't bred by any of the Utchmans.

Bearman

He has Utchman in pedigree and even more in his 5 gen ped.

Last edited by Duckassassin on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:49 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Duckassassin wrote:
Bearman1968 wrote:

Bearman

Whats funny is you cant read, He has Utchman in pedigree and even more in his 5 gen ped. So yeah kinda funny

What bearman is getting at is normally when you see something like that, then it's UTCHMAN own dogs....not someone elses.........That would be like me naming a dog Cameron's Wild Side - if folks saw the dog's name, most folks would assume it was Del Cameron's dog. Basically doesn't matter if dog has UTCHMAN blood, you named the dog how the UTCHMAN's name their dogs as it's their line....................make sense now?

What one would call a faux pas.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Buckshot wrote:
Duckassassin wrote:
Bearman1968 wrote:

Bearman

Whats funny is you cant read, He has Utchman in pedigree and even more in his 5 gen ped. So yeah kinda funny

What bearman is getting at is normally when you see something like that, then it's UTCHMAN own dogs....not someone elses.........That would be like me naming a dog Cameron's Wild Side - if folks saw the dog's name, most folks would assume it was Del Cameron's dog. What one would call a faux pas. Basically doesn't matter if dog has UTCHMAN blood, you named the dog how the UTCHMAN's name their dogs as it's their line....................make sense now?

Yeah it make's sense, I got defenisve there pretty quick, So sorry to Bearman.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:00 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Buckshot wrote:
Duckassassin wrote:
Bearman1968 wrote:

Bearman

What bearman is getting at is normally when you see something like that, then it's UTCHMAN own dogs....not someone elses.........That would be like me naming a dog Cameron's Wild Side - if folks saw the dog's name, most folks would assume it was Del Cameron's dog. Basically doesn't matter if dog has UTCHMAN blood, you named the dog how the UTCHMAN's name their dogs as it's their line....................make sense now?

What one would call a faux pas.

He is my 1st papered hound and i was told utchman was good stuff so i thought the point in a pedigree name was to highlight some of the pedigree. Im not trying to pass him off as utchman bred but the fact he has utchman in his blood. So i may have screwed up a bit. Oh well i know for next time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey, I don't know __it about papers either! Never owned a dog with papers and prolly never will! Anyways, sounds like you got a good one. Good luck and "hunt em hard!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Your dog is bred up good has a lot of good Utchman blood in his pedigree but not an Utchman bred dog.Good luck with him and have fun hunting.

Bearman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

What I think is you should sell that blue garbage and buy a Coma pup from Jeff Prince . He has a female pup available and he won't get his panties in a twist no matter what you name it . I can show you about 50 dogs that are named House's whatever and none were owned or even actually bred by Joe House. It's a tribute to the bloodline they come from .