CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Red Eagle D_ck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Got a 2 yr old female Walker. Had her for about a year now and she is a treeing machine. Wished she bawled more on track though. Anyways, She is out of the Red Eagle D_ck bloodline. We aint big on papers, lines, comp hunts, etc. My son & I just love the music and the chase. Just looking for a little history on Red Eagle D_ck?
Thanks.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Red Eagle D_ck
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:11 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

di ck was a direct son of finley river dan and crowding cindy. cindy was directly off world ch crowding billy. crowding cindy passed to di ck the traits of her sire billy.
di ck had a lesser known full littermate brother named crowding dan. gr nite ch and a very nice hound that threw nice hounds just like di ck did.
di ck won 2nd place in acha world hunt then won the acha world championship the following year.
get off alone type dog that was tight mouthed and was real good about having the coon and he could grub up the old tracks and be just as accurate. gave more mouth on a old cold track than on a hot one. he stamped his pups with those same traits. many people will tell you the best they ever owned was off ole di ck.
I have known his owner Gary Hern for a number of years. he is a very good man to know. Gary also won the pkc world championship with Fair's smoking joe, a direct son of di ck . Jp Sparkman won the pkc world championship with another direct son of di cks named sparky's Alabama eagle. I have hunted red eagle di ck and crowding dan bred dogs for bout 30 yrs now. got probly as close as you can get to di ck in the dogs I have now. their sire's mother was line bred off smoking joe and Alabama eagle. still have the same traits in them. get off alone, tight mouthed and very accurate. they also will grub up a rough track and have it when its hard going. a few years back gary gave me 6 straws of frozen semen off a direct son of old di ck. when it is used successfully the pups will show finley river dan and red eagle di ck on the 3 generation papers.