CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

what blood line is good to cross with the utchmen blues i was thinking of some thing like cameron blueticks i like the collor i like them dark any input will help i want good coon hounds so i want to breed the best i can find or should i just stay stright utchman

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:21 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

You wanting to breed a male or female? I have a great Jet bred stud and a single registered stud that I would let you breed to for free.

Both are fantastic coon hounds.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have heard good things about the jet breed blueticks. I just took my female down to garys and got her breed but i am going to keep a couple pups out of her and find a male to breed them to and i have a stright breed uchtman female i got from gary she is only 10 weeks old and will tree a tail she is going to make a good one. but when it time i will keep you in mind because like i said i have heard good things about the jet dogs and if you have a male pup or know where i can get a stright one please let me know thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Where do you live?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Harrison Ark.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I definetly enjoy my uchtman blue tick!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:20 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I have a utchman, smokey river, Rambo, and hammer female what do yl think about that cross

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

That is 4 of the best families... Hope it works well.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

all i have is stright uchtman breed top and bottom that came from gary uchtman and i dont know if they need anything else breed in them they r coon crazzzzzy man they have it all i can ask for i just really started coon hunting and some reason like the blue ticks and the first guy i found was gary and i think i found the best i could have to get good dogs for a starter with out spending 1000s dollars on dogs gary has help me and i think him i will have some pups in june out of my female that i tock up and got breed and i cant wait.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We have only heavy uchtman bred dogs in our kennel. Our male is a grandson of Timber. This dog is a cold nose coon fool. He's bawl on track with a distinct locate at tree then bawl chop on tree. Like a freight train coming through the woods. I've never seen a harder tree dog than him. We've got some videos on our website of him. See for yourself. One hell of a hound. Be here til the day he dies. www.wagnerssobluekennels.com.
www.facebook.com/wagners.sobluekennels

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

20 years ago I thought I needed a hound because I was nostalgic for the sound of them on the run. There aren't many hounds of any kind in southern Ca. anymore but some people had brought a beautiful NtCh female from the southeast and had bred it to I think a son of Utchman's Scout(?). Time has dimmed the memory...I think the female had Utchman breeding also. I picked out a beautiful male pup and brought him home. Boomer was smarter than the black 'n' tans I had grown up with and alot of hunt drive, but as he grew, his temperment became worse and worse. He was never abused, but he would growl or challenged you even if you told him "No" or even verbally scolded him. I'd raised Aussie's for many years...had trained and shown dogs, so I was no novice at handling dogs. He simply had a bad, dominant temperment. He killed a full grown neutered German Shepherd that hung out at the ranch. I gave him to a bear hunter who seemed to not mind it.. I'm sure the whole Utchman line isn't like this or they would not have continued in their success, but I would sure consider the temperment in breeding them. I am now a happy Redbone owner/breeder. Boomer has the distinction of being the worst dog I've ever owned........

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i would breed to any blue dog breed except for the jett line heard some bad things about that line. its your dog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bigredbud wrote:
i would breed to any blue dog breed except for the jett line heard some bad things about that line. its your dog

When it comes to coonhounds believe 1/2 of what you see and even less of what you hear.

What specifically have you heard that is "bad" ? I've owned a couple and have hunted with several Jet bred dogs over the years. IMO Ed Meads Jet dogs have proven over time to be some of the best blue line of dogs in terms of both competition wins/records and reproduction percentages.

GrNiteCh Mead's Jet 9 owned by Sparky McClellan is in Western PA, Joe Vogatsky has a NtCh Jet 6 son is in upper VA. Steve Shifflett owns a GrNiteCh grandson of Jet 8 in in central VA. Anyone of them will take you hunting with their dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the only way the jett line wins is by being called strike on someone elses dog seen it happen with my own eyes i would put my redtick up against any jett dog anytime anywhere.smokey river utchman any other blue breed but the jett is where its at.take it however you want some people cant handle the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've heard the Jett dogs tend to get ill as a bloodline. Never hunted one or been around to many but I wouldn't take it as gospel.