CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I did some more research on this and discovered that Black and Tan pups out of Redbone dogs are, while not common, not extremely rare either. So I guess that means that most Redbones are EE ayay with some being EEayat. If you bred two EEayat dogs together you have a 50% chance of getting some black n tan pups. There is a test from UC Davis for this if anyone wants to make sure they are not going to have black n tan or high tan pups.

As for the Plott female to the Bluetick male, Most Blueticks (with the exception of all blues) are black n tan with a white pattern and ticking. Since the white pattern is recessive, it wouldn't have been passed to the pups so, no white on the pups (or very little). Brindle and solid black (dominant black) are both controlled by the K locus. The K locus overrides most other color genes. Since you said the female was solid black and the pups were not brindle she was probably Kk. Since she had black and tan pups she also had to have had at least one copy of "at" which is hidden by K. She was probably EE ?at Kk with the ? meaning that we don't have enough information to determine the allele present. The bluetick was EE atat kk.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Has anybody ever bred a redbone with a b&t. They are both pure with papers......any thoughts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've heard of this never done it myself. I would say if both sire and dam are both COONDAWGS then go for it. Papers are just papers don't tree coon!!!!! On that note I think you can single register the pups. The colors would more than likely be red.