CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hardwood Elvis Attack
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Does anybody have any dogs out of Hardwood Elvis Attack. If you do then tell me what you think of em'. Thank Ya

'PR' Hardwood Indian Outlaw
Casper

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i cant tell you about the dogs hunting abuiltys but he is very very smart. i have hunted with a few of his pups and some was alitle mean and some was alitlte tree happie. but that could be the female as much as him. buddy standford owns him and will talk you hunting any time he is a older guy so it might have to be a wormer night. i have hunted with him and some of his dogs they wernt bad dogs at all but just not that one. i owned one male out of him had a great nose almost alittle to cold nosed. was a great dog and i treid a lot of coons sith him and with a bunch of outher dogs but if one growled or shoed a bit of agresion the fight was on. i end up culling the dog becase of it. i hope this helped. if you want to know more i can get the guys number for you or it is in american cooner. just let me know

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:48 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i have a 4 ry old male that is a grandson of hardwood elvis. He is by far the most intelligent hound i have ever owned. He isnt ill but like the reply above says, if he is with an ill dog there will be a fight. That is the only negative thing i have to say about the dog. I have a pup out of him im working with right now and he shows the signs that he is going live up to the hardwoods name smarts wise. After having these dogs id say every dog i own from now on will have elvis in his ped.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i ve hunted with a few elvis dogs, one is the female who won the little acha world hunt, she is a fast hunting dog get treed quick, treed 3 times and seen 3 coon the night i hunted with her, there is an other guy got 2 he rised both hard tree dogs, the one won a tree contest barked 140 a min, the this is they only got a coon 25% of time, their mommy was the same maybe worse at slick treeing. so can't blame that on elvis. you breed a sorry female you may get sorry pups,i think that is what happens, maybe 50% of all female getting bred are not worth shooting to some of these stud dogs, just to make a quick buck. elvis is got over 3000 pups on the ground only around 30 are nite champions or grand.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

if your talking about the elivis i know in ky he is owned by wesley sanford i live in between louisville and lexington and my buddy has a male out of him and ive seen him tree his own coon a few times and i think hes a pretty good hound.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a buddy that has a female directly out of him and she is a coondawg.I have two pups from her that i am starting soon.I have one female and one male.They both are very smart.I can see the aggression problem that everyone is talking about a little.They are GRITTY and think they are full grown already....But hopefully they will turn out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:11 am 
IP:
There have been some Elvis pups come into this country but didn't stay. All were slick treeing fools. They were from different females. You can't give an Elvis bred dog away here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have three elvis male dogs, two out of same cross directly out of elvis, but one year apart in age, one 3yr old, one 4yr old. One all grand 5 month old out of elvis. My older males are coon treeing machines, no trash all coon stay put tree dogs. Older male could be bought but not for cheap.All I need to say something is good with breeding program if I've been 3 for 3 on making dogs, is it all luck? I dought it, my 5mo. old has been in woods 2 times and has made every step with older dog and at tree deep in timber. Say what you want but the proof is in my kennel.. JW jeff.wagner@tema.toyota.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

jwagner, sounds like you have you some good dogs. This just might be mere coincidence but you didn't happen to get your 5 month old out of a guy in Lebanon, Kentucky did ya?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Don't be a hater I have 2 elvis male dogs any time or weather

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

no , from wady, ky. out of elvis's

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

a Friend of mine just bought a direct son on evlis and he has a great loud mouth and 100% coon dog hadles and hunts great

Walker Is Their Any Other Breed

http://www.blackgolddogfood.com/

http://www.blackgolddogfood.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:11 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Have enjoyed talking with Wesley everytime Ive met him at a hunt. Those tricks Elvis does are pretty sharp, but are nothing that cant be trained to almost any pup. Most houndsmen simply dont spend that kind of time with their pups. Having a dog with a handle(Call off tree, walk without leash, etc) is a good idea, and every dog i keep will be able to do that. The other stuff is just a little more than obedience training.

What Ive seen of his pups is that i believe they belong in thick coons. Elvis is just passing on his sire's traits. Im sure Elvis has some nice pups out there but from the 15 or so i have hunted with they don't have the accuracy, mouth, hunting style(for lack of a better word) that suits me. Everyone Ive hunted with had a mouth like the pups on his video. squeaky, high-pitched mouths sound more like a cur dogs

Home of:

NITECH Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie

CH Whitey's Stylish Samantha

Triple X-Rated

Rank's Stylish Abby

Post subject: forsale
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ten mo. old mojo pup forsale well started good acting pup, call 859-533-2013. $550.00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Russell: Thats the same feedback iv got on mojo pups.