CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm Michael.......I just moved to Menard Texas and looking for someone to hunt with. I have two pups to get started so needing to tag along with someone who has good dogs. I'm available anytime to hunt. If anyone is in this area just holler at me and lets hunt. (325)396-5443

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Michael
Good visiting with you the other day. I am just starting a pup (6 months old as well). When I get him going, maybe we can make a circle. I have a mess right now with two gyps in heat. I am hunting my pup with a little female that is not two years old. Dry weather and no ground cover where I am hunting are tough for her to deal with. I did catch two coons last night and trailed another for over a mile and I finally picked up the gyp as she did not want to quit.
Adios,
Gary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks Gary,
I sold one of my pups so I just have one left to work with. I think I found a place to set a live trap to catch a coon. Keep in touch.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Let me know if you need a place to put a live trap, I can help you out. Who ended up with the pup?
I am really short handed as I have two gyps in heat and one that has a really bad infection. I hauled her to the vet and she is improved but won't be able to hunt for a couple of weeks.
The only thing I have to hunt right now is a 22 month old female and a six month old pup that has been out twice and is just beginning to fire.
Adios,
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I may have to actually take you up on the offer for setting my traps. I have had them set for two days and just caught one skunk and a housecat. Charles Belcher from Paint Rock bought the pup. He wanted me to get the pup some time with a coon but I haven't caught any. If you see a good place to set a livetrap then holler at me. I've started to build a new rolling cage. I just have one pup and Charles' to work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey Gary,
Who is the man in Junction with the walker dogs? I have been trying to catch him. Was wandering if you knew his name.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

His name is Teddy Holekamp. He and his family has Junction Warehouse (Purina Store). He is a nice guy. Not sure how much he is hunting but shows his dogs a lot. Has some nice looking hounds. Come by the store and I will show you where to set traps.
Gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:13 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Gary,
Can I set a trap out there and catch a coon? I have a gyp that sure needs some practice. Let me know if you ever need some help with those feeders. I'm not doing anything and can help with anything you need like that.