CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hole-in-a-wall got elephants even though I aint seen em yet. I been there a several times on a job for where I work and will likely start making the trip down that way every 2-3 week sooner rather than later. Dont mind the trip cause any time spent out of the plant is time well spent and Im always up for a working road trip. Kinda stinks that if it is a job lasting more than 1 day we have to drive all the way back to Columbia to stay the night. We stayed in the Moldtel there in town once and I had to go to wallyworld to get slippers to wear just to take a shower. Luckily had the boss with me and now its the Hampton in Columbia but the hr drive each way blows. Is there anywhere close by other than fast food for a decent meal. Didnt care for the mexican down there at all. JYD cafe and the Athens steakhouse had a pretty decent viddels though.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm in Jamestown TN, Fentress County. anybody close thats got a good coon dog they wanna get rid of pm me. We'll get together and take some dogs out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:42 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

tennesseefoxhoundlady wrote:
Shelby County in West Tennessee. Not the most desirable place in the state to live. Looking toward East Tennessee/Oak Ridge area.

Kathryn Baxter Ph.D

American Foxhounds and Plotts

I grew up and went to high school in Cordova - definitely better over here in the mounbtains on the other side of the state, let me tell you! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:34 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I live in Knoxville

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:55 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

purple ace I have kin folk in Jamestown.Maybe we can get together when I'm up that way and turn the hounds loose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:14 pm 
IP:
BlueJack wrote:
Hole-in-a-wall got elephants even though I aint seen em yet. I been there a several times on a job for where I work and will likely start making the trip down that way every 2-3 week sooner rather than later. Dont mind the trip cause any time spent out of the plant is time well spent and Im always up for a working road trip. Kinda stinks that if it is a job lasting more than 1 day we have to drive all the way back to Columbia to stay the night. We stayed in the Moldtel there in town once and I had to go to wallyworld to get slippers to wear just to take a shower. Luckily had the boss with me and now its the Hampton in Columbia but the hr drive each way blows. Is there anywhere close by other than fast food for a decent meal. Didnt care for the mexican down there at all. JYD cafe and the Athens steakhouse had a pretty decent viddels though.

Resturants don't do to well in hohenwald except fast food. You have to figure why would you go to get home cookin when everyone else can do it at home. And the population is to small for a chain resturant. My cousin opened up a resturant once she did great at breakfast especially during hunting season then McDonalds came in and guess where people went for breakfast instead most people eat out they go to Sonic, Pizza Hut, Hardees or Micky D's or you go to Columbia

It shouldn't take yall and hour to get to columbia I can get to Stan's by the interstate in 45 minutes and that's on the other side of Columbia.

Post subject: Re: Anyone from TN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:21 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

MARYVILLE just bout 10 miles from knoxville

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey Steve when we have to stay overnight for a 2 day job we stay at the Hampton right off I65 then we are driving about 5 miles or so south on I think 45 in Hohenwald to the jobsite. Was just down there Monday to do some work at the spring and stopped @ Big Johns BBQ. Pretty decent grub there. Understand about the small mom and pop eating places. Here we have a hardees and mickey d's also but the small restuarants still boom with breakfast but thats about it except for Friday nights when they have catfish. But then again Lafayette is a little larger population wise and please dont take that as a knock causeI dont mean anything by it. You guys have some beautiful country side down there and I have told my boss that if it werent for having 15-18hrs days down there I would like to try and hook up with someone to hunt with sometime but after that many hrs each day and the nearly 3hr drive back I just cant even imagine giving it a try. With that being said if you are ever up this way feel free to look me up and we'll turn em loose. I always enjoy hunting with new folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm 
IP:
Yea the BBQ joint is pretty good. The sad part about that town is that super walmart is putting a lot of people out of business. I am wondering who is going to move into the old walmart building. I am really wondering about that town did you see how many banks they are building I know hohenwald doesn't have that much money. If you stay off I-65 and 412 yea that's about 45 minutes just watch out for them troopers they have been working 412 pretty good lately. I am sure you know hohenwald cops pick on outta towners too I go in there with Wilson county tags and they will follow me either all the way out of city limits or to wherever I am going.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

SHELBYVILLE TENN ACTUALLY. BEEN DOWN FOR THE OPENER OF DEER SEASON. BUT IT'S TIME TO GO BACK TO THE HOUNDS.

Post subject: Re: Anyone from TN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

east tn around claiborne county