CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: east tn coonhunters
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Not sure if this is in the right spot, but I am thinking of starting a meet hunt and want to see what kind of turnout we will have before I take the time to set everything up. Pay in deadline will be 7pm and and we will meet back at 2am. Will meet in oliver springs. $10 entry and $5 optional for biggest coon. Everybody that brings a coon back will put their name in a hat and draw for the pot.one coon per entry. Thinking of starting on Saturday october 15th and holding it every Saturday after. Post up with any questions or suggestions or if you would be interested in coming.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: east tn coonhunters
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That would be awesome if I didn't work sat nights. I don't want to barge in on your deal but, if I were doing it I believe I would do a $10 entry, $5 big coon per night. Keep the $10 in kitty and pay out after say 10 hunts. Take the tallie of parties using most coons and winner takes all. In the event of a tie or ties make the desiding factor who had the heaviest coon of the individuals in the tie for the breaker. Of course someone will try to bring in road kills or what not. Not everyone has the pleasure/ buddy hunt mentality. Maybe have a hat drawing every meet and pair off. It would be a good way to meet and hunt with new people and see who's honest and who's not. If you get started let me know. I might try to take off a night or two and come hunt with you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:49 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hunter wrote:
That would be awesome if I didn't work sat nights. I don't want to barge in on your deal but, if I were doing it I believe I would do a $10 entry, $5 big coon per night. Keep the $10 in kitty and pay out after say 10 hunts. Take the tallie of parties using most coons and winner takes all. In the event of a tie or ties make the desiding factor who had the heaviest coon of the individuals in the tie for the breaker. Of course someone will try to bring in road kills or what not. Not everyone has the pleasure/ buddy hunt mentality. Maybe have a hat drawing every meet and pair off. It would be a good way to meet and hunt with new people and see who's honest and who's not. If you get started let me know. I might try to take off a night or two and come hunt with you guys.

We haven't. Decided exactly how everything will work yet, pretty much looking for input and suggestions right now. I like the pairing off ideal a lot. The only problem with doing most coons per party is if a guy hunts alone he couldn't exceed the state limit of 2, as where a party of 2 could bring 4 coons back if they bought in 4 times. suggestions are always welcome. I'm really hoping there's some interest and this takes off. Already have 6-8 people saying they will be there just by word of mouth. Hopefully we will be able to have hunts for prizes (lights, gift certificates etc etc) if there is enough participation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:45 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

That would be good to for us guys wanting to start our pups. Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yeah, I was looking that over. I didn't mean to insinuate exceeding the legal limit. I guess maybe a per person tallie. Something else that would be cool is a pot for an albino or TRUE melonistic coon. Keep it going until their is one taken. I don't want to sound like a meat hunter and, I believe your looking more for the fun of the hunt. Maybe do something like just a simple score card.

Treed coon spotted 5 points.
Treed coon not spotted 1 point.
Treed possum .5 point.
Confirmed trash race -5 points.
Making you and your partner chase the others dog around the truck for 30 minutes. -5 points.
Bribing your partner with waffle house. 2 points
Bribing your partner with IHOP.. 10 points.
Having to hear your partner say "TREE MY DOG"... -50 points

I'd try to make it as fun and funny as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A meet hunt is ran differently than a true comp coon hunt. In a meet hunt, everyone meets up at the designated spot, pays their entry fee and goes their seperate ways to hunt their own spots and theen meets back up at the check in deadline to draw for the pot. Everyone that brings a coon back puts their name in a hat and a name is drawn. And everyone that paid the optional $5 for biggest coon weighs their coon and biggest coon takes that pot. I know it would be possible for people to try to cheat, but most people around here are honest and anyone found cheating will not be allowed to enter anymore. Just a way for people to have a little friendly competition. We might try to draw for partners and see how that goes over with everybody. That would eliminate cheating.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey, that sounds even better. Maybe I can get a night off and hunt a time or two with you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hunter wrote:
Hey, that sounds even better. Maybe I can get a night off and hunt a time or two with you guys.

That would be awesome. Try to help spread the word. if you want pm me and I will give you my # you can give to people for questions, directions, etc. We may start it sooner if we could get a good turnout.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:03 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

You can sign me up all I got is this B&T pup but would have a good time, this could get pretty big, I'm a Safety Advisor at the Zinc Mines and they are a lot of those guys that hunt I will tell them about it to. Probably need some more detail, pm me and I'll get that number and the rules and print them off for them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Crazywolf671 wrote:
You can sign me up all I got is this B&T pup but would have a good time, this could get pretty big, I'm a Safety Advisor at the Zinc Mines and they are a lot of those guys that hunt I will tell them about it to. Probably need some more detail, pm me and I'll get that number and the rules and print them off for them.

Sounds good. Should have a decent turnout I'm hoping.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey are you still trying to do the hunt October 15th if so here is my number 865-332-6364 would love to join y'all I live in Oliver springs so just keep me posted would really like to join yall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know its kind of late notice, but I've been working a lot and haven't had time to get on. The hunt has been cancelled due to lack of interest. If enough people get together and say they want to have it I will set everything up for a later date.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:11 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Anybody up for trying to have one this year?

Rules will be the same mentioned in my original most except meeting place and times may change. If you're interested please reply or pm me. I'd like to get one going in a week or so then mmaybe hold one every other weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hunt is scheduled foe Saturday November 5th. Meeting place is in front of the Kmart on the Clinton end of Clinton highway (190 clinch Ave Clinton, TN 37716). Pay in deadline is 7:00 pm and deadline to be back is 2:00 am. $20 per entry and an optional $5 for biggest coon that will pay out seperately. We will draw names for the winner. May buy in 2 times per person in your party. Hope to have a good turnout. Feel free to post up or pm me with any questions. Hope to see y'all there!