CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:53 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Thanks for deleting my post when i was replying to the guy, your awesome I will not be suprised when you dont have many people left on your page

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:07 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ad was deleted for bumping it. You bumped the ad with a pic less than 24 hours after your last reply to the the thread. Bumping Policy has existed before your membership.

Yes, it is true someone responded to your ad after you bumped it and you replied, but that is not why your ad was deleted. It was deleted for bumping. Had I been in town on the computer, it would have been deleted before someone replied to it, as you bumped it.

I have been away from the computer pretty much since 22 May (Notice in Site News and Announcement section - viewtopic.php?f=88&t=170037) and have deleted out the bumped ads when I got computer access checking the forum, my emails, PM's, and etc....

Seems alot of folks took advanatge of my away time bumping the hell out of ads since I was not around the computer. Even though I was out of town and away from the computer, the Bumping Policy did not magically go away. And those that bumped their ads, had their ads deleted per the Bumping Policy -- like in your case.

We have an excessive Bumping and BTT Policy on ads as the bumping and BTT has gotten out of hand. Instead of Bumping an ad before it leaves the first page, use the EDIT button to edit your ad to add additional info - IE; Pics, Phone #, Price, Location, Litter Updates, "Make Offer", and ETC....

As you will see below, many different ways to find the Policy:

Look at the top of every forum page the white text that says: Click for Classified Ad Changes Effective 12 Sep 2011

OR

Check out the Site News and Announcement section.

OR

The Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab at the top of the Classified listings.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab in the white box at the top of EVERY Classified section.

If you do not like the Bumping Policy, read the red message at the bottom of the Bumping Policy.........pretty straight forward suggestion, don't you think?

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:21 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Maybe you shouldnt be suck a ##*%* about thing i put pictures up of the dog come on now man if that counts as bumping then you should just close down the site not many people like it anyway

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:19 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I don't know about that. Must ppl I know love this site. good luck finding someone as dedicated as he has been through the years making the site as useful as it is. As long as he pays all the bills to keep it up and running, its his show. No one is forcing you to stay

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

justin.seaborn wrote:
I don't know about that. Must ppl I know love this site. good luck finding someone as dedicated as he has been through the years making the site as useful as it is. As long as he pays all the bills to keep it up and running, its his show. No one is forcing you to stay

I know of a good 20 people who don't like this page and left because of post being deleted for certain things, he needs to make this site more like ukc

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Why? I dont understand why he should have to change it for other peoples desires? I have never heard of anyone on here donating one red cent for the numerous fees he pays out of pocket so that its available to us for free... Here is an idea, go and buy a domain registry, build your own site, set your own rules and I will come there and tell you how you should change it because I don't like it.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:15 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

coonhunter32100 wrote:
Maybe you shouldnt be suck a ##*%* about thing i put pictures up of the dog come on now man if that counts as bumping then you should just close down the site not many people like it anyway

WOW --- I just made it easy for you not to worry about the forum rules any longer after that post as you will need to find another forum to post on.

Before posting that nonsense, perhaps you should have took the time to read the thread titled Forum Membership -- You are a Guest on this Site in the Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section:

Buckshot wrote:
You are a guest on this forum...........being a member doesn't give you the right to do what you please....being the owner does give me more freedom that regular members do not have...............kinda the benefit of owning the site, paying the $$$ involved in the site, and the time involved in the site.

Folks may not like my rules or the way I do things on here, just as I may not like the rules and way they do things on your site, in their club, and etc..

Every forum has rules............some are wide open and spelled out such as this sites. I know a very large coonhound forum that has basically the same rules, but they are unwritten rules........you find out that they are unwritten after you do it.

There is nearly 14,000 members. Common sense tells you that you are not going to be able to please 100% of the people. And to be honest, I quit trying to several years ago.

The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

If you don't want to use the forum because of our rules and policies, that is your choice. Kinda like the various Kennel Clubs, folks have choices to what they want to hunt in if they don't like how the rules and procedures are in another Kennel Club. Same thing with these Hound Hunting sites -- different choices of Hound Hunting sites to choose if you don't like the rules and procedures of a site. If you want to disregard the rules as though they do not apply to you, you can expect us to cull your account.

I tell you what I will not accept...............not going to provide a free forum and my time involved in maintaing the site to take the abuse people attacking me and the forum rules cause they don't agree with them -- don't like the rules then don't use the forum, it's that simple ...........I don't care who you are. You might find your account deleted from the forum as I culled you as I do not have time for the junk nor will I accept that junk any longer.

Apparently, I am not the only forum that thinks this way.

The American Beagler has this on their forum:
Quote:
1. There will be no slamming the board, its rules, or the moddys (including me). You are a guest here, and you will have to show respect and manners -- even if you disagree with how we do things. We have a PM feature if you want to object to something. If you think you are at liberty to embarrass us or hold our feet to the fire over something, you are wrong. We will start deleting any and all posts we find to be of an insulting nature that are aimed at those providing you this forum. If we find we have to delete your posts often, (and you aren't learning from your mistakes) then you will be gone. When dogs bite the hand that feeds them, they don't stay in the kennel long.

Gun Dog Forum has this on their forum:
Quote:
For those who taunt the moderators, this is your warning: If you feel they’ve responded inappropriately, PM me. From this point forward, I will personally delete your account if you publicly taunt them.

Owning this site has brought me both good and bad, friendships as well as enemies.

Folks either like the site or they hate it............nothing to lose sleep over if they don't like it. But I am not going to pay and spend my time on the site for you to trash me and the rules cause you don't agree with the rules and policies on here.

As Bev stated on her forum, "When dogs bite the hand that feeds them, they don't stay in the kennel long."

This site is not UKC, PKC, AKC, or any other hound site on the net. This site is CoonDawgs.com...........not going to make it like any other site and change the rules like another site because how it is done at another site. Just go to another site if you don't like the rules here.

It's just the like Kennel Club Hunts Rules -- EXAMPLE: PKC you compete against your cast, UKC you compete against all cast..........If you don't like the rules and procedure of a certain Kennel Club, then go to a different Kennel Club and hunt with the rules and procedures you like.

So no, we are are not going to be like UKC..........If you don't like CoonDawgs.com, then go to UKC..........Sound simple? It is because it is that simple.

Just can not understand why the below bold text is hard to figure out and understand???????

The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

Profile  WWW