CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ad is gone???
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:27 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I had a ad on a litter of up coming pups. It seems to have disappeared. Just wondered why or maybe I'm over looking it

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Ad is gone???
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:36 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have an excessive Bumping and BTT Policy on ads as the bumping and BTT has gotten out of hand. Instead of Bumping an ad before it leaves the first page, use the EDIT button to edit your ad to add additional info - IE; Pics, Phone #, Price, Location, Litter Updates, "Make Offer", and ETC....

As you will see below, many different ways to find the Policy:

Look at the top of every forum page the white text that says: Click for Classified Ad Changes Effective 12 Sep 2011

OR

Check out the Site News and Announcement section.

OR

The Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab at the top of the Classified listings.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab in the white box at the top of EVERY Classified section.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol! Well my ad didn't have a single btt on it! That's ok I figured something would happen to it on this site. I used to respect the way you ran things but IMO its went a little over board in the last year. Pretty sad when I spent time to put ad in right category and put all info that was needed, phone number, pedigree etc and then it gets deleted for absolutely no reason that pertain to me or my ad. I guess this explains why for every four browsers you have on this site there are 40 on UKC! I even notice that you yourself spend more time on UKC than you're own site.

So Im sure you're about to give me some bad boy response that if I don't like how you run things, go somewhere else. Save your words because that is exactly what I plan to do!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guess you didn't read the Bumping Policy as you would have read that bumping is not just posting a BTT.

You would have also saw the below red message at the bottom of the Bumping Policy as well:

Quote:
We realize some people do not like this policy, but remember it is not like you are posting a paid ad. It's free service offered on the site. For those that do not like the policy, there are other hound forums on the net that also offer free ads as well that you can choose to post your free ads on.

Your right, you been here long enough to know that I will post the below because I'm straight up about it. It's no bad boy response. Anything I say on here, I am man enough to say to someone's face.

If you don't come back because we put an end to the Bumping and BTTing nonsense, that is your choice. Kinda like the various Kennel Clubs, folks have choices to what they want to hunt in if they don't like how the rules and procedures are in another Kennel Club. Same thing with these Hound Hunting sites -- different choices of Hound Hunting sites to choose if you don't like the rules and procedures of a site.

As far as my posting on the UKC forum, you got me, I am member on there - no real secret.........Just because I own CoonDawgs.com doesn't mean I can't be a member of other forums. Matter of fact, I am a member of a several different forums from hounds to sports.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:37 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Guess you didn't take time to read my ad! It was on here for a total of one day with one response from ANOTHER non paying member that I responded to! No other post was made! Sounds like you need to take your own advice and read something before you delete it. Since you have pretty much ruined your site, It probably threw a red flag when my post came to the top more than once a month. I understand that, but if you would've taken time to read my post you would've realized that this post actually had a conversation going about what was advertised from DIFFERENT non paying members! You've been around message boards long enough to know that a conversation about the topic they pertain to from various NON PAYING members is what message forums were intended for!

Fact of the matter is I've been a Non paying member of this forum for 6 years without any problem. As I stated before actually respected the way you ran things at one point, but in This situation you made a mistake and deleted my post for no reason. You and I both know, well you may not because you obviously didn't read my ad, but instead of checking into it you just delete it!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not sure what is hard to understand this excerpt from the Bumping Policy:

Quote:
Wait until your ad leaves the first page before you bump it back up. No reason to bump a couple times a day or everyday or every other day and etc.... to keep ad at top if it is already on the first page. Replying to a posted question from someone is not considered bumping.

Instead of Bumping an ad before it leaves the first page, use the EDIT button to edit your ad to add additional info - IE; Pics, Phone #, Price, Location, Litter Updates, "Make Offer", and ETC...

As mentioned in the Bumping Policy, if you are responding to someone, then your ad will not get deleted.

But you were not responding to anyone you updated the ad to say the dam had picked up a win.

No reason to bump the ad in less than 24 hours when you could have edited your ad- which falls uder the ETC... in the quote above.

We put an end to that bumping nonsense in 2011 - folks can either abide by it or find another forum to peddle their dogs.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol! That's why you deleted it? Because I responded to somebody and then posted info about the female that is bred? Well I guess every thread should only have one post then! Every other thread should only edit original post if they have anything else to say about the topic! Actually it looks like this very post needs deleted. I've posted numerous times now without editing my original! As have you! Maybe we both need a lesson on forum rules!

What a Joke!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

HUH???????? Your not getting it and I am not going to bother trying to explain anymore as the explanation has been posted.

This is not a free for all forum. There are rules for posting ads. If you do not like the rules, many more hound forums to peddle your dogs.

Heck, we even have an own thread on it in the Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=78434

Couldn't agree more, What a Joke!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol! You can try to justify it all you want but you know it's a joke on your part! I will definately take your advice and PEDDLE my dogs on another site. Just as you try to PEDDLE your unwanted hunting junk there!! Should've realized that when the owner of one site goes to another site to try to sell his junk it probably would be a waste of time for a "non paying" member like myself to try to "peddle" my dogs here.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

HUH???? Why do you keep bringing up the fact that I use other forums?

Because I own CoonDawgs.com, am I not allow use other forums?

Just cause I own a site and forum doesn't mean I can't be a member of other forums and use them.

Are you serious?

It must be an issue with you since you keep bringing it up.........If you have such an issues with it, complain to the admin/mods I am member of that ole Buckshot who owns CoonDawgs.com is using their forum.

But I won't stop being a member of other forums and using them because I own this site.

Man, you were right when you said What a Joke!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:41 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I couldn't care less what you use, what forum you go to, how much junk you try to sell or how much nonsense you try to feed everyone on this site, I was just making a point that if a owner of one particular site goes elsewhere to peddle junk it would stand to reason his own site is dead! Mainly because of how it's run.

I can see I've hit a sore spot with you. By reading through your gripes and complains section it appears most members have. Why even have a web site if you're going to police it in a manner that runs off most of its members???? Makes no sense.

I'm sure you're gonna say you can use other sites the same as I can. Which is true. BUT you and I both know if you had the traffic UKC has and UKC had your sites traffic you wouldn't be seen there! Sad thing is your site would probably be competitive if it was ran correctly. BUT being what it is this site has had four new post in TW classifieds today( that weren't deleted that is) and UKC has had 58 and counting! Mainly because of better site management and respect for the users!

P.S. I used the edit button for you on this one!

Well I'm off to PEDDLE elsewhere!!

Last edited by Doug Adams on Mon May 13, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I use the forums the same way others use the forum......like you for a matter of fact. You advertised on here and the UKC forum. So did I, just like many many others do. Most of the ads on here can be found on the UKC forum too.

WHY? The same reason you did and others do..........to reach more people.

If the site is dead, then why did you even bother posting an ad?

We both know, to reach more people in what your selling.

So if I have something for sell, I just should post on here and nowhere else because I own the site?????? Get real.

So I guess these Hunting Supply Websites should not be advertising their equipment on the various hound sites BECAUSE they already own a website?

Don't see what the difference of me owning a site and selling on other sites is any different? Didn't realize because I own a site, that is suppose to make me landlocked.

I really don't care if Doug Adams or anyone else has issues that I do so -- for those that have issues with it, I gave a suggestion in my previous reply on what they can do.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have to give you credit Buckshot. You really made me realize how this site has slipped. Since we started our discussion I actually took the time to review the general and classified sections of this board compared to the same sections on other forums. The first page of this forum has post back 2 months! Post from 2 months ago on other forums are 15 pages back. I really had no idea the difference in activity. It hasn't been that long ago when I would visit this site it actually had users online and discussions taking place! But after seeing how this situation has been handled it makes perfect sense why this site is dead.

So you are definately right when you couldn't understand why I would advertise on a dead site! After comparing sites I have no idea why I wasted my time either!

With that I'm going to permanently PEDDLE elsewhere!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:34 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

While UKC does get more traffic, just wanted to point out that your comparisons are flawed if you try and look at the General Forum section on here compared to on UKC and here is why.

Each sections list 50 threads per page on here and UKC's list 25 threads per page.

Then you have factor in that we have the different sections broken down by subject content. Whereas UKC doesn't have the Health and Medical section, the Southern, Nothern, and Western Hunitng States, the Pedigree and Bloodline Traits section, and so and etc...

Instead of one big General Forum section on here, we elected to create sections based on the subject content. Helps making subject matter easier to find.

You factor in the page thread counts with the broken down sections, then you would see a different look if we had a big General Forum section.

You can say the site is dead, but according to the stat logs of the site, I would disagreee.

I get it, your pissed cause your ad was deleted per the Bumping Policy -- you can rag me and you can rag the site, you can rag the rules, nothing changes.

Apparently a couple days ago the site was good enough for you that you posted an ad on - yet the site is now dead and no longer good for you since your ad was deleted per the Bumping Policy??????

That's funny right there.

What is even funnier is the fact if your ad wasn't deleted, you wouldn't be trash talking the site because it was good enough for you to post and ad on. Funny how things change over a deleted ad.

Been owning and running the site over 10 years..............You are not the first to trash talk the site after getting an ad deleted/banned/etc... and you will not be the last.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Buckshot wrote:
While UKC does get more traffic, just wanted to point out that your comparisons are flawed if you try and look at the General Forum section on here compared to on UKC and here is why.

Each sections list 50 threads per page on here and UKC's list 25 threads per page.

Then you have factor in that we have the different sections broken down by subject content. Whereas UKC doesn't have the Health and Medical section, the Southern, Nothern, and Western Hunitng States, the Pedigree and Bloodline Traits section, and so and etc...

Instead of one big General Forum section on here, we elected to create sections based on the subject content. Helps making subject matter easier to find.

You factor in the page thread counts with the broken down sections, then you would see a different look if we had a big General Forum section.

You can say the site is dead, but according to the stat logs of the site, I would disagreee.

I get it, your pissed cause your ad was deleted per the Bumping Policy -- you can rag me and you can rag the site, you can rag the rules, nothing changes.

Apparently a couple days ago the site was good enough for you that you posted an ad on - yet the site is now dead and no longer good for you since your ad was deleted per the Bumping Policy??????

That's funny right there.

Lol! You can make up all the reasons you want. You know this site is nothing when compared to others.

As stated in above post I just now realized how little activity and how much of a waste of time this site is. Due to your persistance with your no sense rules it made me realize how it would be a waste of time. I attempted to advertise before you brought all that to my attention. I assure you I won't waste anymore of my time or your precious time in the future!

PEDDLE On!!!