CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Buckshot
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

buckshot i was wondering why my posts keep getting deleted. i had an ad in the walker classfied section for an extreme Insane X female. and it has been deleted just curious as to why. Thanks.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Buckshot
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:54 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I see so many posts of people asking where their ads or other posts went or why deleted that they seem to constantly stay at the top. Almost makes the no excessive bumping policy of the board irrelevant in a way! LOL what is solved with one rule creates a whole other issue....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

jenkins33 wrote:
buckshot i was wondering why my posts keep getting deleted. i had an ad in the walker classfied section for an extreme Insane X female. and it has been deleted just curious as to why. Thanks.

We have an excessive Bumping and BTT Policy on ads as the bumping and BTT has gotten out of hand. Instead of Bumping an ad before it leaves the first page, use the EDIT button to edit your ad to add additional info - IE; Pics, phone #, and etc.

As you will see below, many different ways to find the Policy:

Look at the top of every forum page the white text that says: Click for Classified Ad Changes Effective 12 Sep 2011

OR

Check out the Site News and Announcement section.

OR

The Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab at the top of the Classified listings.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab in the white box at the top of EVERY Classified section.

VABirdDog, your right...........Late last night a guy bumped his ad like 2 hours after posting and his ad was already the 2nd ad at top. The whole point and reason the policy was put in place. Not fair to others trying to sell dogs or equipment with others bumping their ads to constantly keep their ads at top. If folks continue to bump their ads repeatedly over and over, then they get culled.

Folks have 3 choices for posting Ads on here:

1) Post their Free Ads and follow the forum rules.
2) Post their Free Ads elsewhere
3) Pay $5 for a 45 day Premium Ad to be Stickied to the top of the Classified section so their Ad is at top (which is why they are bumping their ads)

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I understand that part of the rules but if you would have read the ad i was not bumping my ad i just posted a price change and saying that i needed the dog gone by this weekend. i was putting more info into the ad. not bumping. sorry about the misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

jenkins33 wrote:
I understand that part of the rules but if you would have read the ad i was not bumping my ad i just posted a price change and saying that i needed the dog gone by this weekend. i was putting more info into the ad. not bumping. sorry about the misunderstanding.

Yes, I did read the ad and you did indeed bumped the ad. All you needed to do was EDIT the ad with updated info instead of bumping the ad.

If you read the policy, you will see that it is bumping. Gives examples about what is considered bumping and mentions about adding to an ad using the EDIT feature to edit the post with addtional info or thread title instead of bumping the ad.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

okay i understand. thank you for your patience and time. you run a great site here. and i dont know how you deal with everyones bs on here and still deal with everyones questions. god bless and thank you for this great FREE site you run!! your doing a great job here