CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Deleted Posts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

So... After some recent frustration, and conversations with Buckshot himself. I found myself here. I read a few of the threads and then I just decided to count the titles of threads of other people that were upset with their posts being deleted. I counted 17 posts just on the first page of people who were upset because their posts had been deleted because they didnt "conform to the rules of this site". Not because they were out of line or of ill taste. But because someone, at some time posted a similar question. I understand that it is impossible to please 25000 people. But after reading these and seeing how many people are upset about the same thing I am, I get the vibe that this particular rule pleases the minority, not the majority. I would imagine that there are many more threads questioning the same thing if I were to click page after page on this section as well. This issue is the number one issue on the "Concerning Site & Forum Issues" section. Am I the only one who thinks that is ridiculous?

We are expected to use the search feature (a very poor excuse for a search feature, I might add) to find a topic that could have been started 3 years ago and read through to find a thread and add to that. But, if you search and don't get the results you are looking for, you then have to wait 60 secs before you can search again. And you have to do that each time until, hopefully you find something that is kind of what you were looking for.

And yes, there are other sites to join. And I am a member to lots of other web forums, and have been for years. I have never had one issue with any admin deleting any post I have ever taken the time to type. This is the only site that I have ever been on that does this. And I belong to a few with more members than this one. Its a shame really.

I know this will not change anything. But you would think with this many people suggesting that this is not right something would change. Although, unless you read this quickly, you probably wont get to see it because I am sure it wont last long.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Deleted Posts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:05 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is what this sections for.............Forum issues, complaints and etc....

I had thought it was explained in our PM exchange today........but I guess not........Posting the complaint is not going to change anything.........since you researched the other complaints in this section for same thing, then history shows you that our policies have not changed because folks complained they didn't like the policy.

We can not stress this below quote enough:

Quote:
The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

There is also this STICKY thread in the General Forum section: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95193

SEARCH feature works.............if you use it properly. I have even created a SEARCH tip thread in this section (which I pm'd you about) to help on narrowing searched down.

Gonna sound like a broken record player here, but here goes:

If the site sucks so bad, then why stick around? Not like we are the only hound site on the net........with over 25,000 members, not going to be able to please 100% of them........and it's a known fact, I quit trying to please 100% as it is an impossible task.

No different that UKC and PKC - different Kennel Clubs, different rules........................Example: Hunt in UKC hunt and compete against all dogs in all cast in your class. Hunt in PKC and only compete against dogs in your cast. If you don't like the rules of one the Kennel Club, you can chose to hunt the other.

What is nice, is folks have different choices to choose from. Just as there are different choices of Kennel Club to choose what Nite Hunts you want to Hunt, same thing with these Hound Hunting sites -- different choices of Hound Hunting sites to choose.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I never once said the "site sucks so bad". I enjoy the site very much, and it has taught me a lot. There are lot of things I really like about it. Trust me, if the site did suck so bad I wouldnt waste my time having this discussion with you.

No one likes to type up a post, asking a serious question only to have someone, who in my opinion has way too much time on his hands reading every single post and deleting the ones that have been discussed before in the 10 year history of this site. Its a joke.

I, like numerous others on here are trying to tell you how to make the forum experience more enjoyable. Yet you dont get the hint. Thats fine, as I said in the PM, this site is your world, and we just have to deal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Too much time on my hands?????............Just the benefits of working on a computer and having access to the forum........Kinda glad I have to work on a computer as the amount of emails and PM's I receive daily, I would be so deep in the hole responding that I wouldn't be able to climb out..........bad enough I get complaints because I didn't activated an account immediately, didn't respond to an email immediately (though I did respond in an hour), and etc.....Love the ones that get pissed off cause I tell them on the phone I am hunting and can not look up their account login problems and just email it to me and will look at it when I can get to a computer and check it out......I hear complaints daily for everthing you can imagine.

We went down this road in 2010 after you became a member. Remember? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36584&p=566348

We hashed this out in our PM correspondence yesterday, have hashed it out in this section.............and no matter how much you compain behind the scenes or in the open or take shots at me for being on a computer................the fact is not going to change the policy.......whether or not you like the policy now or like in 2010 when we hashed it out.

What kills me, is the policies you are complaining about were here BEFORE you became a member. The same policies you agreed to that is bold on the bottom of the Registration Page that you agreed to when youy registered.

Yet you want to complain about the polices that pre-exist your membership.

Not sure what is hard to understand.........Maybe you are the one that doesn't get the hint.

Quote:
The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

That same Policy holds true to the Kennel Clubs too. Those that don't like the Kenenl Club Rules can either accept them or hunt a different Kennel Club.

This is the second thread on the forum we have hashed this out in the last 15 month.............I am closing this thread as just as 2010 when we hashed it out.............the policy is staying the same.

No offense, but I have other things to do being doing with my time than to keep hashing they same thing out with you...My opinion has not wavered since that last time we hashed this out 15 months ago...........and will be the same opinion in another 15 months too.

Profile  WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]