CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:18 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

BADKARMA wrote:
Hoe do you guys find out when they go on sale. I get no flyers and the website does not say.

go on sale the darn things are already half the price of the big name traps.. lol :o . i think you might be able to sign up for a e letter or go to your local store and sign up for a newsletter.

http://www.myspace.com/banks741938

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

well mine r under water lol gosh dangit lol, i spent bout an hour an 1/2 in the dang woods settin both my coon traps good, and it friekin rained all night lol. so now ill have to wait 2 days 4 the creek to go down, i guess it was my own stupidity lol ill no to trust the weatherman next time lol.

RIP THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH A BOBCAT LIGHT If you want a good dependable light give Bob a call at 918-822-8888

They call me Chief not mess around 4 a reason :)... Ole Stone Mountains Billy Bob and Copper, Good as the Best and Better than the Rest. Names Stoney. wanna hunt give me a call or text @ 918-497-0269

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:35 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have one of these combo packs with the little trap inside the big one. my big one worked fine for a little bit but the trip pad didnt go up far engough they would go in and not trip the gate, but with a little modification it works fine now. i have a deer blind that we build near a field and field rats keep piling sticks up in it. any advice what i could put in it to catch that lil bastard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:27 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

it may sound goofy, lol but if u got a big square perch trap, put bread in it, i just caught a huge 1 in my garage the other day lol i was just tryin to catch mice, hope this helps, or the little trap in ur combo if urs came wit 3, use some bread or peanut butter.

Post subject: TSC Traps
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:52 am 
IP:
I use these traps too had good luck with them check them before it gets daylight in the morning coons won't tear them up or try to escape like they will once it gets light out in the morning I also use the small traps to catch squirrel for my cur pup which works well also :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:48 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

wat kind of sait do use 4 the squirrels goldbarr, just curious. i use peaches and corn, sometimes i mix corn wit sunflower seeds 2. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have some of the tractor supply traps and I have had no problems with mine caught lots of coons in em too. As far as the tension on the trigger goes I set mine with a "Hair Trigger" by just setting the catch where it's barley caught on the door and let me tell ya, all they gotta do then is touch the trigger pan and their yours!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:42 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

only thing bout that is that all they gotta do is barely touch the door 2, lol if it decides 2 rare up. just my personal experience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

we've had no problems with ours, but haven't had a really determined coon yet. I did give my brother the big and little traps to catch squirrels in whe nhe had a problem with them in the house he bought. Really had to adjust the trigger mechanism with them so the squirrels would set them off (both the coon and squirrel size traps). For the price they seem to be more than adequate. Paul Conway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i get mine from new haven trap supply in new haven iowa. now he is hooked up with cabelas. started making them in his garage years ago. his price is a lot better than cabelas, and as far as i know he will ship 1 or 1000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:21 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i just bought 2 more of there traps, and i havent got 2 set em yet. i got the 15x15x42 and a 12x12x30 somethin lol 4 only bout 80 bucks as far as im cocerned thats a hell of a deal and they work good 2

Post subject: I have a number of these
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a number of these traps and i have only had one break were the rod atached to the top of the trap I just revamped it alittle and have caught over 200 coon in it since no problems yet

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:41 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I use tractor supply traps too. So far so good. Only had one broke down for me so far, but after several years of coons beatin it up, I can't expect it to last forever. When I finally threw that trap away, it didn't owe me a cent. Just went out and got 2 more!

Post subject: traps
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have two and still use them but havahart traps are alot tougher. The trigger bends pretty easy and the handles will come off. Also mine were green and not galvanized so they are starting to rust.

Post subject: live traps
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:14 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

they work good,been using the same one for awhile and never had any problems.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next