CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: roling cage
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:48 am 
IP:
can eny body post a pick of a homemade rooling cage and the instructions on how to build it

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:11 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

You'll be better off to buy one, They aint that hi . you'll spend about the same if not more makin one. Here are the measurements of mine if you do build one. Mine is 18" long 14"wide There are a million ways to do the door. Some of mine the whole end opens and one just has a little door. I dont recomend a little door. Also remember your dogs. Watch for sharp ends and stuff. You dont want to get em hurt on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i would be interested in seen where to get one or eveen how to make one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:38 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Nite Lite sells em. Ive bought them at dog shows.

Post subject: experience
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:43 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I can tell ya one thing about coons and cages. If ya want to keep the coon in a cage ya better make it outa some heavy guage wire. A feller brought me a coon he caught in a trap. I put it in a rabbit cage to keep it till I could do a training exercise with my dogs. When i got home from work that afternoon, the dang coon was gone. He had bent the wire on the rabbit cage and escaped. I still got my training exersize in cuz I turned two of my hounds loose and they trailed him right under the trailer where I live. Two hours later when I got a little worried that coon might hurt my dogs. I crawled under there too. i dragged one dog out a younger one. Roxy was right in the coon's face so I could not get the leash on her without risking getting me or the dog one coon bitten. Got a shovel and poked him out, he ran straight at me with the dog on his a$$.
I got lucky and the coon swrved before crawling all over me. He climbed the first tree once he got out from under the trailer. So Roxy was chopping the tree down, and I let Willa loose again and she went blowing the top out of the tree too. Next I let Major loose and he is a straight bawl mouth dog never chops. So I heard em all chopping and bawling for a little while till I finally drug em on back to the kennels. Sure was sweet though knowing my dogs tree so hard.