CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

on the spacing do of the floor dont the dogs feet an legs fall thru just wondering really like the set up want to build one

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:08 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hawkdog wrote:
on the spacing do of the floor dont the dogs feet an legs fall thru just wondering really like the set up want to build one

I just got done building my second one! It took my hound about a week to get real comfortable with it. Now she runs around on it with ease. She did fall through it a few times at first but now she is fine with it. i put my Cur dog in the new one tonight. I'm sure she will be fine with it in a few days.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Got all 3 of them done last week!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

those look just dandy. you did A SUPER NICE JOB

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

toe cutter wrote:

Thanks Toe Cutter. After my dogs got used to these runs they seem to really like it. They are dry, in the shade, clean and comfortable. Next phaze is going to be a 6' privacy fence all around the kennels.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I agree with all you saying I built a 12x12 deck and set my kennels on it it is 16in. off the ground and I allready see a difference inthe dogs more active and just seem happier.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Awesome lookin kennels...Thanks for the pictures. Gettin started on some this weekend. I'll post pics when I'm finished building.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Was against above ground kennels after seeing yours it changed my mind.I have concrete floors and gonna stick to them.But, I love your setup-Nice setup TC! I might try one though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PLANS AND DIRECTIONS FOR THESE PENS. THEY WOULD BE RELATIVLY CHEAP ,JUST TO COVER THE MAILING AND MATERIALS OF THE PAPER AND PRINTING. I GET ALOT OF PMS ASKING HOW TO BUILD THESE.I'M THINKING IT WOULD BE EASIER ALL THE WAY AROUND TO PRINT THE DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP AND JUST SEND THEM WHEN SOMEONE WANTS THEM.STEP BY STEP PICS WOULD BE EASIER THEN ME TRYING TO EXPLAIN HOW TO DO IT.
ANY COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.... KEEP IN MIND EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO BUILD ONE IS'NT A CARPENTER.WITH THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS WITH PICS AND STUFF,ANYONE COULD BUILD ONE.I FIGURE IF I SOLD THEM FOR MAYBE 2 BUCKS EACH IT WOULD BE FAIR.I AINT TRYING TO MAKE MONEY ON IT,JUST MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME AND THE ONES THAT NEED SOME DIRECTIONS.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Budmandan wrote:
toe cutter wrote:

Thanks Toe Cutter. After my dogs got used to these runs they seem to really like it. They are dry, in the shade, clean and comfortable. Next phaze is going to be a 6' privacy fence all around the kennels.
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PERIMETER FENCE AROUND MY PENS.MAKES IT SO IF THEY GET OUT,THEY ARE STILL WITH IN THE PERIMETER FENCE.IT ALSO MAKES A NICE DOG LOT AND I CAN LET DOGS OUT TO RUN INSIDE THE FENCED AREA.OLD MACK IS A ESCAPE ARTIST AND I HAVE HAD TO IMPROVED THIS OR THAT W/THESE PENS OVER THE YEARS BECAUSE OF HIM. ITS JUST A NICE PIECE OF MIND TO HAVE A PERIMETER FENCE. MACK HAS MANAGED TO PULL A FLOOR RAIL OUT BEFORE,GIVING HIM JUST ENOUGH SPACE TO ACTUALLY STAND ON HIS HEAD AND SHIMMY THROUGH THE 6 INCH GAP BETWEEN THE TWO FLOOR RAILS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:37 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hello,

I was wondering if you sand the rails for the floor after you cut them. I was wondering about splinters.

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

wolfe1 wrote:
hello,

I was wondering if you sand the rails for the floor after you cut them. I was wondering about splinters.

thanks
i dont, i rip 2 x 4s and put the smoother round edges up. they are stronger that way too,just like a 2 x 4 on edge compaired to one laid flat.never had a splinter problem. i dont use the treated wood on the floor rails cause that is what most dogs will chew.the floor rails.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:27 pm 
IP:
Here is a picture of my kennels.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:48 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

looks good!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 am 
IP:
Thanks toe cutter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next