CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hound'n. I was looking at another thread and saw your kennel. I really like the idea but was wondering a few things. First how did you attach your horse panel to the square tubing?? Weld it straight to it?
Second how does the 6x10 work for you? Would you have built it bigger looking back? I have 2- 12x40 runs that I keep six dogs in or three in each side. I liked it to begin with but, as you know we all expand (dog wise) and am considering altering my kennel. Thanks Hunter.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hunter,
Yes the horse panels are welded right to the tubing. The horse panel was cut to fit inside and was welded in the center of the tubing. I do like the 6x10 kennels really well. I wanted six feet instead of the normal 5x10 that you can buy in welded wire kennels. I like the 6' because you have a 3 ft door with room on the otherside for a dog house and food and water dishes. I dont think i would make them any bigger then what they are. The dogs have plenty of room to move around and i also let them out to run. the way these kennels are made you can easily take them down and add sections if you want them bigger. Thanks

Brady

Bradyv7@hotmail.com

Rock River Late-Nite Jazz (Black Hayes x Kate)

Rock River Duelin DuraMax (Dan x Maggie)

Northern Black Copper Kate

Rebel's Rock River REX (Rebel X Dixie)

Ugly's Rock River Reba (Uglystick x Penny)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey Brady

Thanks for the responce. I really like the looks of your set up and may pull some ideas off of your design. After I posted that I wondered if the panels were bolted together or welded together. I believe that you answered that question. I also like the 3 foot door. That sure makes things easier if you have to carry say a dog house inside the lot.

Thanks again. Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Where did you source your square tube from? how many feet of tube did you use per kennel section?

I too like the idea. Ive been sitting on an above ground kennel set up with no fence enclosure for months. I haven't decided how I want the enclosure. Im looking at about 55 linear feet per kennel section. Up here Ive been quoted 2 bucks a foot. Being a college student, I haven't been able to justify the cost (yet). Besides, the only dog I have worthy of a kennel with that cost lives in my house.

thanks
Mel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mel,
I got the tubing at a local steel shop. I will have to pull out my receipts and get you how many ft per kennel i used and cost per foot. I dont remember off the top of my head. It averaged out to be around $250 per kennel. I have right around 980 bucks in all four kennels Not including concrete. The most expesive thing on the kennels was the horse panel. It ran about 68 bucks for a 5x16 foot section. You can save alot if you go with the 4in x 4in squares instead of the 2in x 4in squares that cuts it down to like 40 buck per panel instead if 68. The kennels i was looking at on the internet were $2500 for the same set up and were not built as good or as heavy and the ones we built.

Thanks
Brady

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey Brady thanks!

No need to dig out receipts. I was curious if you remembered off hand. You certainly have a nice set up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Those panels are the same ones that I used except that I used the 6'x20'. My kennel is an "off the ground" one though.

The cost for the panels that I used is $74 for the 6'x20' and they had 5'x16' for $59.

I actually just bought a 5'x16' that they had bent up a little on the end for half price. Plywood on top of the bend and then drive over...thats all there is to taking the bends out of it.

And yes, I welded my gates to my kennels as well. You just have to make sure to weld galvanized where there is plenty of ventilation and then paint it when you are done.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i built my kennels out of roof bolts you get at a coal mine each kennel is 6ft by 12 ft 6 ft high i got the roof bolts for free so i just had to by fence and latches so i have around 100 dollars in the set up took around 50 6 ft bars to make 2 kennels