CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

what kind of rights do we have as dog owners,this guy calls us every name in the book .

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

carl s wrote:
what kind of rights do we have as dog owners,this guy calls us every name in the book .

Varies by state. None here wher I live and I'd venture to say you are probably in the same boat. But, call a lawyer and find out and good luck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Where do you live? I'd just get some Chinese Giant Bamboo and plant in between ya'll. Thats what I did, cuts down on the noise from the dogs, and the neighbor, PLUS you don't have to look at them anymore...so it's win-win! :mrgreen:

PERFECT TEN KENNELS
LOUISA, VA.
HOME OF PERFECT10-PEARL GIRL

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:58 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

He calls you names or he calls the cops because of your dogs? If he's calling you names I'd sue him for slander. I took a day off of school so I could see what was going on, I had a problem with a neighbor that would come right to the edge of our property line and slap his hands and knees to get a hound of mine worked up and barking then he would go inside and call the cops after the third time I had to get rid of the dog. A week later a 6 foot privacy fence went up.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:47 pm 
IP:
YA that sucks I Hade a naber who realy liked one of my hounds and he asked me if he could have her I told hin no so he would come over at night and take the dog to his house and when I found the dog he sead it was just wondering around so he took it inside I got realy pist at him the next day he called animal controll because she was barking so animal controll took the dog in and the same GUY went in and tried to adopt her befor I could get in there so when I finely got the dog back I ended up giveing her to a frend so that guy would leave me alone. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Shoot the neighbor and let the coon's live :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Glad I live on a farm. I don't have any close neighbors but, I hate to hear my dogs bark so I keep them pretty quiet. The only time they get loud is if something or someone strange is around the barn or at feeding time. I have some property next to a subdivision and someone called in on my cows once. They moo d all night after I seperated the calves. LOL!!! Later that day a member of the subdivision came up to me and asked to if I could keep my cows quiet. I laughed in his face and said "this farm was here before you came here and I don't like you living here any more than you like hearing my cows so why not move back where you came from."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:04 pm 
IP:
You guys have some tough animal control if they're confiscating your dogs for a nuisance barking call. My neighbor called animal control on me just a couple weeks ago because my dogs were barking. The officer called me and almost apologized for having to call because he was "sure I didn't know about the problem" (since it was happening while I was at work). I wasn't mad that I had to start controlling my dogs' behavior so much as I was mad that my neighbor wasn't man enough to come to me personally and let me know there was a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I live in NY too people are jerks I think if they dont like hounds barking they should move to the city ! Ive been kicked out of towns gone to jail paid fines for barking dogs!I would get ginny hens or a peacock if I had that problem several of them then see how the jerk off neighbors like that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm 
IP:
thats y i live in the country aint no one bother me.. thats not the only reason .. but i will always live away from the city out in the country thats the only way for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I passed my buddies house the other day and animal control was setting in his yard. I stopped and asked what was going on. He said the new neighbors (from the city) called in on his barking dogs. I looked around and only 1 grown dog and acouple pups were barking so I told the grown dog to hush and it did. The animal control man asked why he didn't have a bark collar on this dog and I said "because he's surposed to bark at you, someone he doesn't know." He smiled and said "I don't see a problem. Pups aren't taken into account like grown dogs so he's good." We talked a minute and he said " well, now I have to go to the other house and take care of the rooster that crows all day." I laughed and he said "city folk."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:17 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I hate how people move into an area, and then decide that the people that were ALREADY there aren't doing things right. It's amazing how they think "well that doesn't fit to my way of thinking, it must be wrong. Hey why don't I call the cops." I hate ignorant people.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs."

"When the going gets tough, the great ones party."

"Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows the fool."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 pm 
IP:
bigcountry200678 wrote:
I hate how people move into an area, and then decide that the people that were ALREADY there aren't doing things right. It's amazing how they think "well that doesn't fit to my way of thinking, it must be wrong. Hey why don't I call the cops." I hate ignorant people.

I agree! I used to work at a boarding kennel that at this point has been there for over 30 years. One man who moved up on the hillside next to it 10 years after the kennel had been in business is still calling the cops and complaining about the barking. It's ridiculous!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

It amazes me how people move out of the big cities because they dont like the way things work there, and try to make the rural areas they move to into a city..... it should be legal to shoot people like that right in their liberal butt with a big nasty scary gun......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ya some neighbors suckass..i have one old lady neighbor whose been here since she was born and lived on the same farm every since,never had kids and is out there everyday feedn cows by herself no husband nothn..shes 68 and her age doesnt even effect her..she broke a horse by herself,she does everything there around the farm all BYHERSELF!..and if she does need help im more than happy to.she lets me trap and hunt on her anytime i want..but her neighbor is a total bitch..she has a pitbull/rott mix and it had 6 pups and the pups grew up and when a cop went to her house the dad dog bit him so he had to be shot..then all 7 dogs chase that old womens cows and just the other day came IN TO HER YARD AND KILLED HER DOG!!no ##*%*..a dog she rescued that had no chance of fighting back..so she called the cops and they said next time they come over and they are chasing your cows you are allowed to shoot them to protect your cows.................theres currently a couple less dogs around..............

one night my dogs got on some one elses property and one male was barking 107 a min real loud the other two were treein pretty good too and i had no clue there was a house over there..i shot at the coon but missed cuz outa no where i hear right behind me "GET THOSE SONS OF BITCHES OUTA HERE!!!!" and cuss words were comin outa his mouth a mile a min...needless to say i got my dogs quick as the wind and was gone..then i get back on the road and he says i can go shoot it if i want..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pho ... 5036800773

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pho ... 1000000083

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/vid ... 4706800806