CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Poundhounds Photo Album
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is a bobcat we treed on MLK Jr day back in January. It was a good day.

This is my youngest son Daniel, and my brother with a very nice cat.

ph

We each make decisions about what kind of hunter we are going to be..... I have decided to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: more photos
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is a little Chocolate colored bear we treed last month.

The dogs getting some chew time.

ph

Post subject: more photos
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This bear came in on me when I was checking one of my baits. It was a heart stopper there for a bit as he stood there at 15 yards. The dogs ended up stopping him on the ground less then 200 yards from the bait.

Post subject: Still more photos
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This was a catch and release we had on a sow and cub. Look at all the limbs in this tree.

Here is another photo of the same. This was the end of a hot streak I had of four bears treed in three trips to the hill. All these photos are from this year. All the bear photos were from last month.

ph

Post subject: the pot-lickers...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here is what I take with me when I go to the hill. They do okay.

This is Whiskey Girl, a three year old Walker. I bought her from Tyler in Wenatchee, Washington. She is a great little dog, tipping the scale at about forty pounds is all. She trees like she knows how to play.

This is Pinch, a three year old Jet bred blue. I bought Pinch from DJ Mcleod in Bear Lake, Michigan. I am a repeat customer of DJ, as you will see. DJ has been straight up with me, and his dogs are what they say they are.

This is Pinch again, on the left, and his half brother Shorty. Again, I got Shorty from DJ. Shorty is another three year old Jet bred blue. These dogs tree like they mean it. Guys see my dogs tree and they say "I want to go to a bear tree with you". Again, the credit goes to DJ..... and Ed Mead.

ph

Post subject: Pot lickers part II
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Shorty and Whiskey Girl on the wood... and if you look past Shorty at about his neck, you will see the mouth of Pinch being camera shy.

One of the best photos I have of Deuce, showing he can get it done at a field trial too. You will see him in most of my photos, but I never seem to get good photos of him. He is one of those dogs that is always moving sideways around the tree. Deuce was the first pup I ever bought, he is three now. I got him from Blackheadedwalker, some of you know who that is. Duece has some Walker blood on his papers.

ph

Post subject: The pups....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just so none of you accuse me of being color blind. You have seen my Blue dogs..... You have seen my Walker dogs...... and now

My little Plott puppies. You will see an add on this forum from DJ Mcleod for some plott pups, these pups are out of that litter. This photo was taken the day they came home. These pups arrived well socialized and in good shape. Thanks DJ.

Just out of the crate, still in the parking structure at the airport. I have high hopes for these little guys.

ph

Post subject: pics
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

nice pictures!!!and you have some nice looking hounds allso!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:24 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

that little bear cub is so cute! im a sucker when it comes to baby animals like that, you got some great looking hounds, they sure look like they get the job done! :)

CH'PR'MISSISSIPPI QUEEN TREEIN MEME
CH'PR'SWAMPMUSIC BLOOD SLINGING HOSS
'PR'RAPPAHANOCK JIGSAW BLADE
'PR'BREAKING DAWN JASPER

Post subject: Thank you...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you KBB and Tree Rockin Redbones;

I sure do enjoy running them dogs. I never grew up with hound doggin, so the learning curve is HUGE for me. It took me a long time to get a pack together that would catch some game for me...... A long time.

Now that I have some decent dogs, and all still fairly young, I got buddies telling me that the dogs will get better and better as they mature the next few years. I just gotta think "Holy Cr@p ! ! ! It gets better then this?"

I look forward to finding out.

Tree*Rockin*Redbones:
I love your signature line.... It is soooo true. Laugh out loud, you will live longer.

ph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:44 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i guess im kind of like you right now, i have had good beagles that run rabbit and deer, but its completely different when you have coonhound dogs, i just got my first coonhound, and as soon as she's trained and running coons good, im gonna get 2 other dogs, one to run coons w/ Dixie, and one to run and kill coyotes, it does take a while to get a pack started, but i guess it's worth it, i just hope i don't ruin Dixie when i'm training her, she just got bored w/ doing drags, so i have to wait till shes 10-12 months old to show her a real coon, but if coonhounds are anything like my beagles they'll start tracking and running as soon as they know how to.
oh ya, my great grandma always said that if you laugh at your self you'll live longer, and she lived to be 80 somthing, i did get that quote from carlos mencia, the comidiean, but its true you've got to laugh,

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:15 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Great bunch of pix, awesome hounds. I could have sworn I responded to this one already...LOL... I'm such an air head. Well... I love seeing the variety so much! I love all the breeds and seeing them working, playing, standing around or showing is always a pleasure. Keep posting pix!
HappyHunting! Heather

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Thank you...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you Heather,
I don't bring the camera along near enough, I am an airhead too so I always forget it in the truck. When I do bring it I take LOTS of pictures.

Here are some more:

This is a good example of the kind of damage the bears do to the young trees in the spring. This tree is about fourteen inches diameter, and the bear stripped it about thigh high on me all the way to the roots, then they eat the camdien layer. It kills the tree, but it helps keep the bears alive until the berries come out in July. This kind of damage costs the timber companies about a million dollars a year. They can hire two guys to go around filling "feeding stations", and buy all the "bear feed" and still be hundreds of thousands of dollars ahead if they can prevent this type of damage.

Now these two pictures are "Just for fun". This is me and my Dad, lastnight. As you can see by the lighting conditions, it was late in the evening and we were having trouble with the Knotters on Dads hay bailer. Most of us are advocates about taking the youth hunting because they are our future. Well, let us not forget that our time on this earth is limited, and I don't know how much longer I have with my Dad. He was diagnosed with cancer for the second time recently and had "radiation seeds" put next to the cancer in his colan to kill it. This is an experimental treatment, so let's hope it gets the job done.

So if your Dad or Mom (or Grandpa or Grandma for that matter) is getting up there in age, remember every moment is precious, and you don't know when the next time you see them will be the last. The night these photos were taken I was DOG tired from all the crap that has been going on at the job, and I was looking forward to grilling a steak on the Bar-B-Q and drinking a Margerita and then going to bed early. But then I get a call that Dad is doing hay and needs help. Of course I drop everything and go (that is the way we were raised). The stuff I learned from Dad that night was important, stuff I needed to know. In the end it wasn't Dad that figured out what was wrong with them silly things, it was me, but we got it all bailed and got it picked up. And before tonight I never had a photo of me and Dad working together on the farm. What a precious memory.

ph

Post subject: NICE
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:07 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Great pix of you and your dad! I lost my dad to cancer more than ten years ago. No one on his side of the family has been spared a cancer death yet... except some war dead. Not a great record but modern medicine sure is helping to increase the length of lives! Hope your dad does well with treatment. In the meantime...pictures or not- you will NEVER forget those times with him. My mum is turning 88 July 3rd....finally showing her age. I try to hide how I feel about seeing her finally change...but I admit the prospect of losing her seems real now....her family lives till their 90s! I LOVE the farming pix... we have SO little land left out my way.... I'm an hour from Boston and an hour from Providence... Our little area "farms"... are so tiny and our kids have no Clue what beautiful land is being lost to development since they never saw it.... I Loved to travel the counrty with my parents as a child and was fortunate to do it every year. I saw aLOT. Now that I am more housebound seeing it thru pix is WONDERFUL.
I Like the way your dad looks in those pix. He is a man who is one with his land, worked hard and taught you well. Thanks for sharing those, they warmed my heart before I drift off to sleep! :D
Heather

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Heather;
Thank you fo your kind words. You about got me choked up reading your story.
My dads family has the kind of longevity that you speak of your mom having. All dads siblings have lived into their eighties and nineties. Dad is not yet seventy.
I come from a family of ten siblings, seven boys three girls. I am number eight, I have two brothers younger then me is all, the rest of my brothers and sisters are all older then me. But out of all of my siblings, they all look to me to take over the family farm when dad is too old to do it. That scares me to think about, I hope I have a few years to do it with him there before I have to go at it alone.
Can't imagine what kind of time I will have for hunting when I have the responsibility of the farm to deal with. I guess when we have to put up hay it is to bloody hot to run bears anyway. And sleep is over-rated, we can sleep when we are dead.