CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Farming...sleep...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:08 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

You know what... I can tell you will do fine. You will work hard, find time when you can for hunting and make your life work. You will do it, with the strength of your fathers blood (and your moms) flowing thru your own body. I was a Workaholic Horse stable owner and riding instructor. A brain injury ended it all in a flash. I thought that was my end... what did I have left? A single mother raising a young boy...now struggling with just being me... It would have been easy to give up. BUT... strong parents who taught me to work hard and love life as it was given to me. I never HAD to work hard... grew up a rich city kid...but I was always an animal person and worked hard for what I wanted. NOW... i\I've had to learn to depend on others... not be able to do for myself..and like myself anyway... Thankfully it's worked out. Married a childhood friend who coonhunted te same hounds as a kid... we adopted each others boys, we are in love and pretty darned happy and Bob does WAY too much for me...and I'm learning to accept it. We got back into coonhounds by mistake..and look at all the nice contacts I've made on line and some in real life! I have a bluetick in WI w/my partner and I anticipate getting healthy and following her in the woods with Bob some day!.....
I just have a feeling. You will do fine whatever way life sends you! You'll hunt as you can. Sleep IS overrated!LOL... I recall thriving on none! I will continue to follow your hounds with interest as the computer allows. I will send thoughts and prayers that your father will live his life to it's fullest and leave you when it's time, with Peace and comfort and as LONG from now as possible. It can all end in a moment and Each moment we have is a GIFT! NOW... speaking of gifts... i Cried as I looked at the [ix of your dad with you. I can see that he is a gift to you but also that YOU are a cherished gift to him!
I can't tell you how special the pix with him were to me. I feel as though my father is always near me. Those pictures made me realise how Lucky we are to have special dads! :)
Have a great afternoon, Happy hunting! Heather

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:04 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Oh Send me some of those please. Higher the res the better

http://ravengraphix.com/portfolio/main.php

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Sure
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:44 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

You bet Gayle;

Which ones do you want? I sent you um four already I think. You can have as many as you want.

I use a Cannon Powershot. I don't even know what resolution is. LOL

ph

We each make decisions about what kind of hunter we are going to be..... I have decided to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:06 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

As many as you want to send. On your camera there is a place where you can pick the quality of the photo. every camera is different. If you choose the highest quality the number of photos you can take will go down cause they high res takes more room on the little card in the camera.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:09 pm 
IP:
That looks like it would be amazing.

Good luck and good hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

IS THE RED DOG AN ENGLISH??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:59 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Great photos PoundHound. Those pups are adorable.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: I think so....
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:21 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

zwilso56,

I guess she is an English. I have never owned a dog like her. If she is an english, that is what I want to own is more of them.

Ladeeraven,
Thank you so much for your passion for what you do. I enjoy that you have an eye for photos of each persons dog or dogs.
My pups were flown to NW Washington from Michigan, and having dogs shipped is neither cheap nor easy. So I really enjoy these pups. But also the person that makes a cross for any pups has high hopes for such pups as well, because they believe in the ability of the parents. That is the case with these pups as well.
So to have someone like you that has an eye for dogs appreciate my pups, I do not take your words lightly, and they are appreciated.
Thank you.

ph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:29 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

PH you are sweet, thank you for your support. I am still learning about coonhunting and I have learned to appreciate a good looking hound. You all have taught me a lot. There would be no calendar without you and hunters like you.

We have to figure out how to get our new Majestic pup from WV to Massachusetts. I don't want Bubba driving down and back by himself and this is my busy season so i know I can't go with him. I may post asking whats the best way to get our little girl here.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: rough day
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This was a rough day at the office last weekend. This is a Killer Whale, or an Orca Whale. There were several of them in this area during the time I was doing this boat patrol in the San Juan Islands, but they were all spread out and tough to get photos of. Notice, it was a very nice day to be on the water.

ph

Post subject: Whiskey Girl
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is a photo of my Whiskey Girl winning the Tree Contest at the Field Trial on Saturday. She really does it with STYLE.

ph

Post subject: Pinch
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:35 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here is Pinch, who had been lost six days after a bear race. Someone had finally called Saturday morning letting us know he had been found, so I picked him up thinking "Hot Damn, now I can go to the Field Trial". So I picked him up and Pinch went on to take fourth in the Tree Contest.

Here he is, looking pretty Skinny, but still able to pull out a good showing. It is a bunch of sleepless nights when you can't find our dogs by gosh. I had to work the last three days he was lost. I took days off to go to my nephews wedding, but could not go with a dog lost, so I was going to stay home and look for him. Then I get out of the shower Saturday morning and find a message on the phone that someone had found him, many miles from where I last had a beep on him.

ph

Post subject: Shorty
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The day would have not been complete without Shorty showing his stuff. Shorty was lost after a bear race for three and a half days, so he is skinny to, but he is tough keeper anyway. The day I am thinking Shorty is finally starting to put his weight back on, BOOM he gets lost for a few days. Aw Suck ! ! ! But he looks good on a tree doesn't he?

ph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Great photos PH, when you have a minute PM or email me your real name for my files. Thanx hon I appreciate your help and support.
Gayle

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: another one....
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I found this one from back in Febuary. This is Pinch doing his thing on a coon who didn't want to cooperate. We visited three trees on this nite after the coon bailed out of the first two trees.

ph