CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 22 pistol do or don't
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ruger mark 3 is all I carry any more but is loud as others stated. I also recommend stainless for carrying and not worry about rust

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i just bought a Heritage Rough Rider Revolver i plan to use it coon huntin when i get good at it it takes .22lr or .22 mag ammo i use hollow points in both you guys that use the Heritage do you use the lr or the mag ammo? any diffrencenses better or worse?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

You can go cheep and still get the job done. I use an old 22 pistol that was my gramdpaws. No special names and probably wouldnt be worth $50 to anyone else but to me its priceless. It will roll one from the top of the tallest tree and it brings back memories of my dad and grandpaw using it when I was young. Traditions and memories.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

coleman wrote:
I have a Browning Buckmark pistol that I use, and I'm about to experiment with a red dot sight for it. The guy that said learn to shoot it right hit the nail on the head- my observation is that pistols shoot alot different than rifles, but once you get it down and get used to having a pistol on your belt and not a rifle on your back you won't look back. I also noticed that the pistol is alot louder than the rifle,and won't shoot shorts, so you may be like me and have to switch up which spots you use the pistol in and when to use the rifle.

louder cause of the shorter barrel.... i have made some pretty long barrels for my pistol and more accurate and quiet... but you can shoot shorts out of a pistol. it just wont load itself.. just like with a lever action or autoloader rifle.. you have to use them as a single

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

and if your using a cheap pistol i wouldnt get a revolver because of their timing. we used to use cheap revolvers and on one of them the time of the revolution slightly missed and short part of a 22 bullet back. but you cant go wrong with a semi auto cheap 22 pistol