CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:29 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I found this in the latest issue of Gun Digest. An Australian Police officer wrote this. I will condense this to save time

After Aussie citizens literally were forced, by law to give up their firearms (all 640,381 of them as a cost of $500 million) figures on crime have come in:

Australia wide, homicides are up 6.2%, Assaults up 96.% and armed robberies are up 44%! In the state of Victoria alone homicides are up 300%!!

apparently law biding citizens are the only ones who have turned in their guns and the criminals have not. Ironically for the previous 25 years, there had been a downward trend in armed robberies and firearms related deaths. Breakins and assaults on the elderly are also have seen double digit increases. Australian politicians are at a loss as to explain how public safety has decreased after such monumental effort and expense was made to "rid Australian Society of guns".

I think this speaks for itself.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:27 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

let's see if the politicians have the guts to reverse themselves. i'll bet now that they won't. i spoke to a local state representative about gun control. he admitted to voting against cacelled carry legislation because he was sure, after being the local sheriff, that everyone would be killing each other. he admitted he was proved wrong. i disliked him immediately. the thought that this man believed he was so much smarter than me, and everyone else, had to protect me from myself. of course, i doubt anyone could have found him to explain why someone was robbed and killed in their own house. of course, he's democrate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:03 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

croatankid wrote:
let's see if the politicians have the guts to reverse themselves. i'll bet now that they won't. i spoke to a local state representative about gun control. he admitted to voting against cacelled carry legislation because he was sure, after being the local sheriff, that everyone would be killing each other. he admitted he was proved wrong. i disliked him immediately. the thought that this man believed he was so much smarter than me, and everyone else, had to protect me from myself. of course, i doubt anyone could have found him to explain why someone was robbed and killed in their own house. of course, he's democrate.

Does this really surprise you? The democratic Governor of NH vetoed a castle doctrine law passed by the legislature. His reasoning? he didn't want to see people gunning each other down in the street. Can you believe that? A law that protects you in case you are invaded in your own home and must defend yourself gets warped into chaos in the street. hey if you want chaos, just drive 40 miles to the South and go to Boston, home of some of the country's worst gun control laws. Now THEY have chaos in the street. Just remember, gun control is NOT about guns. It is all about CONTROL.