CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: gun shows
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:42 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i've been to one gun show. at the time i wasn't looking for a gun. i didn't notice and wasn't able to determine if the asking prices were reasonable or not. what have you found? are gun prices good at gun shows? i want a used gun and prefer buying from an individual to cut out the middle man. i haven't found anyone with what i want so i was thinking maybe a gun shown might be the way to go. what do you think?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Gun shows are not as good as they used to be but you can still find a deal.
Be sure to walk the parking lot before you go in because that's where alot of wheelin' and dealin' is going on and you can find great deals on used guns. Be sure to buy legally because the parking lot is where you may run into a BATF man or woman.

ACTS 16:31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

You have to know the value of the gun you are looking at. A few years ago I was looking for a 410 pump and I found 3 of them at a gun show. They were all Mossberg 500 and all three dealers wanted over $200 for them. I left the show and stoped at Wal-mart and bought a new Mossberg for $159. This dosen't mean that there aren't deals at a gun show it means you have to know what you are looking at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:23 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

if you are interested in buying at gun shows, I suggest you get yourself a good price book and look it over. the more you know, the beter you will be. Often you can bargain with alot of these folks and get a better deal, especially if you have cash. look around, don't buy the first one you see, and you'll be OK.

And please always do it legally. The last thing we all need is mroe bad press. Don't be a poster child for the liberals!

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

buying in the parking lot. i was thinking about that. what, generally, do i need to legally buy a pistol from a man in the parking lot? a permit, i suppose but anything else?
on a slightly different note, i was at a pawn shop one day and as i was walking out i noticed someone rolling a lawn mower inside. i thought to myself, i'll bet i could get a good deal from that guy, but he was already going inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:22 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

croatankid wrote:
buying in the parking lot. i was thinking about that. what, generally, do i need to legally buy a pistol from a man in the parking lot? a permit, i suppose but anything else?
on a slightly different note, i was at a pawn shop one day and as i was walking out i noticed someone rolling a lawn mower inside. i thought to myself, i'll bet i could get a good deal from that guy, but he was already going inside.

For most states, you don't need a permit to buy a handgun. Some do, always check you local state laws to be sure if you are in doubt. Best thing to do is go through an FFL holder in the gun show that way if the gun is of questionable origin, you have some protection. Most will charge $25 for the service. I charge $20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Here in NC you need a purchase permit that you get from the Sheriffs dept. to buy a handgun unless you have the CCW ''permit''
I believe they cost $5.00