CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Winchester 1200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:01 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

In you guys honest opinion what is a Winchester model 100 12 ga Shotgun in mint condition worth ? I have had a few folks tell me atleast $400 . The reason I ask is that my friend has one that he inherited when his father dies last year ..

Sam's Creek Kennels
Home of
"PR" OLD TENNESSEE'S LITTLE LADY

"PR" Hayes' Little Treein Buddy

Jasmine "the over hyper Shih Tzu"

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Somthing isn't right. Winchester modle 100 is an autoloadfing rifle value about $425.00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

It depends on what kind of 1200 but The blue book at 100% list it at $200-$240. Hope this helps.

Shane Smith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:14 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I wouldn't give you a nickel for a Winchester 1200. I hate those things. Made out of sheet metal and uses a hideous rotary locking system. I won't even work on them. The 1300 semi is even worse. The only winchester pump I'd get would be a model 12 and you can one for about the same amount of money in very good condition.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:35 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Meant 1200 ... the 1200 is a very good gun , same as an old model 12 . The 1200 replaced it back in 1964 , and ws adopted the the law enforcement . Nothing cheap about this gun . So Bubbasbq if you know so much how come you didn't know that the 12 and 1200 are same thing . But I am not here to argue , just to ask opinions and I guess you gave yours . Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:21 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Oh no, 1200 is nothing like the model 12. trust me. the model 12 used a tipping block with a system that locked the bolt in until after it fired. It also had the "slam fire" feature, the 1200 lacks. The locking system was devised becasue back when it was developed, people used paper shells that would sometimes hangfire or swell and not allow the bolt to lock properly. The built in safties kept you from a) prematurely ejecting a potential hangfire round and b) kept you from firing the gun when it wasn't locked. It was also a true take down gun and while it was decidedly complicated, model 12's are incredibly durable and trouble free. the 1200 uses a rotary locking bolt type of system. The bolt, the carrier, the carrier dog and the "attachment" that holds the rotary lock to the bolt are all made of stamped sheet metal. No slam fire feature and it lacks the latch that kept you for ejecting potential hangfire rounds (Not that you need that anymore really) It locks directly into the barrel which means there is little you can do if the lugs in the barrel either wear or break except replace the barrel. No way to weld it without screwing up the barrel. Internally they operate very differently from each other.

Hey, if you can in good condition for a good price, go for it, but they really arne't built to last like an 870 is. All winchester's always have a good feel to them regardless of their mechanics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

As for as I'm concerned ALL post 1964 Winchester guns are junk only my opinoin every one has one :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:57 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Bubbasbbq....that was a mouth full wished you lived closer would like for you to look at a few guns for me.

If everyone knew there profession like he does we could run every scammer out of all lines of work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:11 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Wish I could help you, Pard. That is why I got into this. I do not look at brands so much as the internals. And I have VERY definite opinions on what I like. Don't have to agree with me, but I can and will explain why I feel the way I do. Don't get me wrong, I do have my favorite brands, but I look at how it functions and is made from the inside out. If you have a question please ask. If I don't know, I will ask a colleage. It is a pleasure to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:01 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I shoot with some guys that have model 12's and those guns are worth a hell of a lot more than 240 bucks.

CH 'PR' DE PALMO'S LIVIN ON ALIMONY
'PR' DE PALMO'S OUT LOUD OLLY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:14 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Some model 12's are certainly worth alot. The series I Mod 12's have some serious value. Anything over grade I has good value. some grade I built in the 1940's-1950's probably wuldn't be worth a whole lot if only there are so many of them available. personally I think these are a steal because you can get a helluva good gun for not alot of money. Model 12's have to be one of the best feeling pumps made. Best part is that even though they have alot of moving parts in them, they are incredibly sturdy and easy to repair. Just watch out of that carrier dog screw though

:wink: