CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Why the fancy stuff???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Why do people pay more for a shotgun/rifle that has beutyfull engraving but don't work for crap(not my term for it :) ) than a shotgun/rifle that will last you the rest of your life??

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:06 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

They look nice.

Seriously, the main reason is that most people buying those high dollar guns just don't know any better. the assumption being that it will be well built if it is fancy. I sell alot those high dollar guns, I can tell you this is not always the case. I always look over the locking and pivot systems for how robust it is and how easy is it to repair if need be. Many are as well made as they are pretty, but many aren't. Right now, I would say that Batista Rizzini, Zoli and Guerini are making the nicest ones.

Personally my favorite gun is a toss up between a sweet sixteen auto 5 and a 20 gauge Ithaca.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:49 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Because i like anything new and shiny. I love the way a glossy wood stock, and rich blueing look, but i am currently hunting with a Browning Stainless Stalker, and a new Stevens rifle when walking cut-over. The Stevens cost me $300 brand new, and is one of the best off-hand guns i have got.

If i had any advice to give a deer hunter, i would say go cheap on the gun, and splurge on a scope!!!

It kills me to see someone step out of the truck with a Remington LSS 7mm mag, with a Tasco scope

Home of:

NITECH Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie

CH Whitey's Stylish Samantha

Triple X-Rated

Rank's Stylish Abby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:18 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Boy are you right about that. You are only as good as your sighting system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:11 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

THE SAME REASON PEOPLE PAY 30,000 FOR A PICK UP AND A 15,000 WOULD SIUT THEIR NEEDS
JUST TO SAY I HAVE A 1500.00 SHOTGUN AND THEY DONT
OR
MY DEER RIG COST ME 3000.00
PPL JUST TRY TO FLAUNT MONEY AND THINK THAT BUYS THEM RESPECT IN THE WOODS

MEL MALONE
TO HECK WITH SAVING SOME FOR SEED...THATS MOTHER NATURES JOB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:56 am 
IP:
for years my dad used a 30-30 lever with duct tape covering the adjusting screws, and drove a little blue rusted out honda civic. It would be awesome as a youngster riding with my dad and having a nice buck on the top of the civic passing the guys with four fourwheelers on a trailer being pulled by a 40,000 dollar truck with nothing to show....my dad is a vice president of a bank and has money, but he chooses to spend it otherways, i respect that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:09 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have only one gun that i paid a 1,000 4 my grandfather and i build it for him to shoot thousand yard match with he paid over 2,500 for all the parts and we finished it then he recked his shoulder at work and couldnt shoot it and he was going to sell it so i bought it he gave me a real good price other than that one every thing else i have is a working gun (somthing i will use on a daily basis) and not worry about it to much if i scratch it but if you look around like i have you can get a brand new gun somtimes as little as a hundred dallars and take care of it and it will end up beng one of the best guns you ever got because your not worried about hurting it and it works so well for the money i have found it etter to look around and see what is out and compare t against what you need and you will save alot of money because you dont buy somthing that dosent do what you need or be to afraid to use it because you are affraid to scratch it or somthing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:24 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I appreciate the workmanship that goes into a high dollar gun. The guns I take out are real field guns, but I do admire and like the really fancy engraving and wood work that real craftsman can do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

TatersCoonBurgers wrote:
Why do people pay more for a shotgun/rifle that has beutyfull engraving but don't work for crap(not my term for it :) ) than a shotgun/rifle that will last you the rest of your life??

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!

we do it because we can! and i dont know alot of hi-buck guns that werk like crap....hey tater..i have a limited edition rare daisy red ryder..and yes it does look nicer than yours.!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:17 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

WIhounds wrote:
TatersCoonBurgers wrote:

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!

we do it because we can! and i dont know alot of hi-buck guns that werk like crap....hey tater..i have a limited edition rare daisy red ryder..and yes it does look nicer than yours.!

hang onto it! Those things are hot hot hot and only getting hotter.