It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

scotti garrett wrote:
i had a 22 behinded the seat of my truck while i was coon hunting the law stoped where we was parked and looked in my truck and i went to jail for a consealed weapon

Did they phsically get into your truck... bc if they did i would have argued that pretty heavy unless you where doing something that gave them probable cause to search (ex. carrying drugs on you or poaching.. hopefully you where not and i do not care to really know)

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:27 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

what if yoy have one of those gun carriers(with guns) on the back of your seat? can you get busted for that?

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

TatersCoonBurgers wrote:
what if yoy have one of those gun carriers(with guns) on the back of your seat? can you get busted for that?

Yah, if you have a gun in your truck outside of season while running dogs they can take everything. (gun,dogs,truck,lights,etc...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Quote:
i had a 22 rifle behind the seat of my pickup while i was in the woods working on a trail. the state and forestry cops saw the case on the floor of the truck and came into the woods looking for me. they asked me if i had a gun and i told them i had the gun behind the truck seat. it was sunday and they gave me a ticket for having a gun in the national forest on sunday. it cost me $110.00. now, what if i had been camping in there on saturday night and was leaving. what would they do? i don't know. they thought i was pouching deer or something and since i wasn't they just had to mess with me. that's why i have a healthy dislike for cops.

My goodness croatenkid!!!! What state do you live in that they'd be able to ticket you for that, so I don't ever move there?

I live in Minnesota, and you CAN have a gun in your car/truck even if you don't have a permit to carry, as long as it is unloaded and in a case (even a sleeve counts, if its tied shut) The bullets have to be stored seperated from the gun also I believe.

It doesn't matter where you are, as far as I know, but I do believe that the cased gun needs to be as far away from the driver as possible, ie. trunk, hatchback, or behind the seat of a truck, as its not safe in the bed if you don't have a carry permit.

I would've gone to court over that ticket in my opinion. That's just not reasonable in my opinion, unless your state DOES have a specific law that guns aren't allowed in vehicles in those forests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:33 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

what is the point in carrying a gun unloaded and locked up in your vehicle? If you just happen to need it then you are just screwed. Doesnt our 2nd amendment give us the right to carry and own weapons without a permit?

Home of PR Smokin Joe Black

God,Family,Country,and Black&Tans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

nite cooner if you want a definite call 1- 800- 800- 6969 that is Marshall co. sheriff ask for co officer kaiser, dowdle, or kairis. they are 3 that I know real well and can set the record straight. I do know if you have a personel protection permit you may carry a hand gun during chase season as well as a few other hunting season. hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:53 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

guys wow i cant believe you havent heard about this Indiana DNR finally passed a law that allows you if you have a permit to carry a handgun during the running season you can even carry a handgun durring bow season for deer its new this year i have already put it do good use cause you never know what you will run into there are a lot of meth labs out there and they are all crazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:03 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

guys im sorry i thought they passed it already but its under review but im positive they are going to pass it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:45 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

In Indiana you can have a firearm in your truck all year long. As of this year you are also alowed to carry a hangun while running your dogs as long as you have a permit.

Shane Smith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

well you cant carry it yet but they are going to vote on it in july but i look for them to pass it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ARblackandtans wrote:
Doesnt our 2nd amendment give us the right to carry and own weapons without a permit?

No...it doesn't. The right to keep and bear arms is a God given, ''natural'' if you will, right that we had even before the consitution was even thought about which is why the 2nd admendment reads the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed not we're giving the right to the people.
It's the main reason I opposed CCW laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hY all glade i am in wy we can cary a gun up here just about how ever want in your truck loaded as long as you can see it .you :D

Post subject: guns
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:55 pm 
IP:
HERE IN S.C. YOU CAN CARRY AN PISTOL,WHILL YOU ARE FISHING OR HUNTING, EVEN WHILE RUNNING SEASON IS IN.YOU CAN EVEN HAVE IT ON YOU SIDE IN HOLSTER. DON"t need concealed permit. 8)