It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: conceiled weapon
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

can anyone tell me what the deal is with having a weapon in your truck,

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:12 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

in my opinion, it's a non issue, but to the authorities it can be a big deal. i just learned that you can't keep a pick ax handle in your truck either. it's ok to have a tire knocker or a baseball bat, but you can't have something that the police or cops in general consider a weapon.
i had a 22 rifle behind the seat of my pickup while i was in the woods working on a trail. the state and forestry cops saw the case on the floor of the truck and came into the woods looking for me. they asked me if i had a gun and i told them i had the gun behind the truck seat. it was sunday and they gave me a ticket for having a gun in the national forest on sunday. it cost me $110.00. now, what if i had been camping in there on saturday night and was leaving. what would they do? i don't know. they thought i was pouching deer or something and since i wasn't they just had to mess with me. that's why i have a healthy dislike for cops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:12 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I would say it depend's on the laws of the area you are in and the circumstances. You say weapon: do you mean firearm? knife? sword? baseball bat? :?:
Here in NY state we can carry a concealed loaded handgun in a vehicle but not a long gun.Vehicle mean's car, truck, boat , atv etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yea i mean firearm and when they say concealed do they mean hidden, im sorry for asking so many questions but im only 17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:32 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Right now its running season.Your not allowed to have any gun in your truck or on your person.If your hunting out of kill season.Even in night hunts (guns) are not allowed.Even if you have a gun permit to carry a handgun you (cant) carry it in running season....You cant have handguns at anytime hunting. If you dont have a permit in hunting season here in Indiana...Now you can get a lifetime handgun permit its round $100.00 if you already have a permit...If you have a hand gun with out a permit in a truck or car its suppossed to be in a locked case unloaded to or from a shooting range only....Thats what the book said. The last time I looked that could have changed..(Thats for here in Indiana)

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:12 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ok without a concealed permit you gotta be careful. they way my police freinds explain it any weapon in a vehicle that is not in plain view of the officer when approaching the vehicle can be considered concealed if it is accesable to the the owner. so basically if there is any way for u to reach it at all it has to be in the open. trunk is fine, under the seat not wise. Still i agree with chet its chase season u dont really need iit anyhow.

Post subject: concealed weapons
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:58 pm 
IP:
I'm a licensed gun dealer and I'm looking at the Indiana state laws. If you carry a hand gun out of your house you have to have a permit. AS for concealed weapons it doesn't say anything about rifles but it would be a good idea to carry then unloaded in plain sight. My book don't cover all the local codes. The police can construe the law any way they want. I hope this helps a little. Just be careful and safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:55 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Go to www.packing.org for a complete list of the gun laws for all 50 states. Many state do not differentiate between concealed carry and open carry, so you'd need a license. The only way this does not apply in most states is if you keep it unloaded in a locked container. Each state is different, so check the laws to be sure.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject: guns
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:16 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I reckon the cops can make it unpleasent for you about that issue. In the WMA's and National Forests it is different but there is a Supreme Court ruling that your vehicle is an extension of your home. There was this feller in California who drew his pistol and shot some bad guys. The police tried to mess him up about it. Supreme Court says he was justified and carrying his pistol legal even though he admited it was hidden and loaded prior to him pullking it and wasting the bad guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ltlsad wrote:
ok without a concealed permit you gotta be careful. they way my police freinds explain it any weapon in a vehicle that is not in plain view of the officer when approaching the vehicle can be considered concealed if it is accesable to the the owner. so basically if there is any way for u to reach it at all it has to be in the open. trunk is fine, under the seat not wise. Still i agree with chet its chase season u dont really need iit anyhow.

I disagree, I carry my .45 everytime I go out hunting. People are screwed up these days and you never know when you might need a little back up. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I am happy to say that Kentucky has some pretty lax gun laws and received a Failing grade from the Brady Foundation for such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:07 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

It is interesting reading the replies here. There is obviously a lot of difference from state to state. I can tell that my own state of South Dakota varies considerably from where some of you live.

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:37 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

OK for NC here you go. I carry a gun off duty and on. I am a reserve deputy for the Iredell County Sheriffs Office here in NC. Now if you have a concealed weapon (if it does not say handgun that leaves a lot of gray area) you can carry it on you, or in your vehicle concealed out of sight. You need only tell a L.E.O when he approaches you to deal with any issue. This does not supercede hunting regulations by any means. If the game laws say no weapons that is what it means.
The word weapon in some cases can mean if you are carrying a dagger concealed you can not carry your firearm because, if you will please take notice to another part of the title the A meaning single weapon be it a dagger to a firearm. Yes ax handles carried for protection can be and will in most cases be considered a weapon. If it is in your vehicle and you are not on your way home from the store with it then it will be considered a weapon because it is a stereo typical weapon among some criminals.

This is in no way is to be interpreted as the authority for the Attorney General or his/her definition. Each district attorney and judge will interpret the law a different way. Local officers also have to make interpretations and discretions on what is and is not legal based on the information they have at the time to include the totality of the circumstance. This is very hard when it is put in front of anyone.

If you want a clear unbiased answer on the matter contact your local Attorney General’s office that will explain it to you and will also be glad to mail you any literature on the subject.
I hope this helps and does not cause any more confusion and that we can all one day only have to carry our guns to hunt and sport shoot not defend our life’s or that of a third party.
Happy Hunting!!!!!!!!!!

PR VESTAL'S NITRO JACK (Gone But Not Forgotten)
MY SON MY PRIDE AND JOY!!!!

Post subject: thanks everyone
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thanks everyone

if i had a gun rack in my truck and had my gun on it during hunting season would that be illegal or not
once again thanks to everyone that replyed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i had a 22 behinded the seat of my truck while i was coon hunting the law stoped where we was parked and looked in my truck and i went to jail for a consealed weapon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

that sucks