CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rimfire Ammo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Is everybody else having problems finding rimfire ammo for sale?

I have never kept a big ammo supply at home. I just bought shells as I ran out, ussually buying a bulk box at a time. Every store in my area has been sold out since back in December, not long after the tragedy in Connecticut.

I am down to scavenging through my change jars, cup holders, and under the couch cushions for 22 lr shells.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Rimfire Ammo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yup i cant find 22 shells 9mm and 243 every store is out. The clerk at walmart told me the other day that some guy came in and bought a thousand dollars worth of 22 shells.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:04 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Talked to the guy that owns the local hunting shop yesterday, and he said they are selling everything as soon as they get .22 ammo in because people think there is a zombie/Obama apocalypse coming and it is the cheapest ammo. Nearly everyone owns a .22, so it only makes sense that the non-hunter, fear mongers will buy as much of that ammo as they can.

Maybe the Pres. is smarter than we all thought. Scaring people into buying thousands of dollars of guns and ammo, which is generally made in America, is a good way to help boost the economy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I talked to the sporting goods guy at my closest WalMart and they had two pallets of ammo unpacked at 6 AM this past Wednesday and all of the rimfire ammo (one whole pallet!!) was gone prior to 9 AM!

Also, has anyone seen the price of a Ruger 10/22 in last couple of weeks. Guess I got the same sickness all of these other people do, because I got to thinking that maybe I should buy another Ruger 10/22, while they are still legal, to put back just in case mine finally gives up the ghost one of these days.

Normally the gun stores in my area have several in their racks, but not now! Only one in town and it is a commorative boyscout something or other with a $500 pricetag. I got on "gunbroker" just to look and Ruger 10/22's that should be selling for $275 on the high side are selling for $400 -$500 and up!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Attention Kansans and Missourians!

I just bought two 525 boxes of federals. GREAT GUNS in Liberty, MO has them 2 box limit for 38.99 a box or 325 round federals for 28.99 a box limit 2. Can't find them elsewhere. They have a bunch on the shelf.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:21 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The last time I was able to find any .22 shells on a store shelf was at thanksgiving at academy sports in hickory but all they had was 50 round boxes with a 2 box limit and they were like 2.29 a box. Now the time comes that I need some more ammo and can't afford to buy any when you can find someone that wants to sell any they are asking .10$ to .15$ cent a round that's why there is none on the store shelves in nc. You 've the Wal-Mart hoarders that buy it all to resale it at three or four times what they paid. I'm only 31 but never did I think the day would come when you couldn't find 22 ammo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I went to walmart beginning of last year and they were completley out, i was talking to the guy in sporting goods and he said as soon as they get a shipment people buy them out and one guy spent 2000 dollars just on 22 shells ridiculious but that was before the limits on them. Now around here about the only place i can find them is pawn shops

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:17 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Everytime I go into a store that sells ammo I ask for .22 and 9mm. I have got lucky and got them right on delivery day. My dad, and brother do the same and they've hit it on time also. My dad ordered 5,000 rounds of .22 from three different stores over a year ago and has yet to see any of it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

folks im not a conspiracy nut but i promise on a bible that oboma didnt scare people into buying guns to cause a ammo shortage. every local state and federal agency was giving order to buy up all ammo. fact. i went to get ammo a year ago. asked for this caliber and that. was told dont have any ammo. so i window shopped a little. a bit later a couple guys came in sherrif and some other badge i aint never seen come in and got two huge boxes of ammo and the two fellas were not very polite.went home and started looking a few things up. tell me this what is the irs doing stock piling bullets.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We can't find it either and I live by a Sportsmans warehouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

its the times we live in. pellet rifle .25 caliber Benjamin Sheridan .flat sure kill a hog head shot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

[quote="Dodgeman1988"]We can't find it either and I live by a Sportsmans warehouse :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a 17 now and can't find ammo for it either the only place that has em they r lead and not jacketed and I won't shoot those since they mess up the rifleing of the barrel and we have resorted to shootin em out with shotguns an a gamo pellet rifle which works good just to get em now I ain't shot one in the face with it yet but it will kill a squirrel for sure

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If anybody can g
Et to north east Tennessee m&m guns usually have some & some that I ain't never heard of but work good...
Sent from my ADR6300 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:01 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I don't care what brand they r but tn is good distance from Florida but I think our bass pro is gettin some well that's what they sai today when I wa up there gettin my 17